If we were to make a trade, here are some options... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If we were to make a trade, here are some options...

killswitch

engage
Reaction score
If we were to make a trade, here are plenty of options...

After some hours of thinking and researching, here's what I came up with for possible trade options, if we were going to go that route (Right now, i believe Miami is around 9 to 10 million under the cap with RW gone):

Okay, our 2 top trade bait options are O-gun and Sam Madison: both great players (one in his prome) at important positions often hard to find. Also, we could always throw in some draft picks and other smaller players (such as Whitley, Jerman, etc. if we also were trying to get an O-lineman in return).

All the following teams seem like possible candidates for a trade because they either have somewhat of a need at DE and/or CB (hence they could acquire O-gun or Madison), and also have option(s) at RB and/or O-line (and/or DE/CB to help minimize loos of O-gun or Madison) to trade to us. I did look at the cap #'s for all these players, and a trade does seem theoreticaly possible cap-wise.

Redskins:
RB Landell Betts and OG Randy Thomas.Right now 'Skins are about $4.8 million under the cap.

Jaguars:
RB Greg Jones and OG Vince Manuwai or OG/C Brad Meester or OT Mike Pearson. Right now Jags are about $6 - 7 million under the cap.

Cheifs:
RB Larry Johnson, OT/OG Jordan Black, and DE Jimmy Wilkerson. Right now Cheifs are about $6.5 million under cap.

Browns:
RB William Green/Lee Suggs (whoever the Browns don't want) and OG/C Melvin Flower. Right now Browns are about $11 million under the cap.

Packers:
RB Najeh Davenport and OG Mike Wahle. Right now the Packers are about $2.4 million under cap.

Bears:
RB Anthony Thomas and OG/OT Mike Gandy or OT/OG Marc Colombo or OG/OT Aaron Gibson. Bears are about $4 million under cap.

Panthers:
RB Stephen Davis/RB Deshaun Foster (whoever the Panthers are willing to part with) and possibly OG/OT Travis Claridge and/or DB Dante Wesley. Panthers are currently about $1.1 millin under cap.

Vikings:
RB Michael Bennett/RB Onterrio Smith (whoever Vikings are willing to part with) and possibly OL Lewis Kelly or OT/OG Adam Haayer. Vikings are around $ 7.3 million under the cap.

I'd rather have Ogun/Minor on this team than any of those people.

I played highschool football with Ladell Betts. Really good guy. Solid, smart player.

I think the main post is a PIPE DREAM...Madison is a solid corner.

I can rule out Carolina from that. We don't need defensive help.

How about trying to get Steven Davis from the Panthers. They have depth at RB even though I doubt the panthers would trade Steven Davis. Running the ball is just too much of their identity.

mbmonk said:
How about trying to get Steven Davis from the Panthers. They have depth at RB even though I doubt the panthers would trade Steven Davis. Running the ball is just too much of their identity.
Not for defensive help, we don't need it.

psyburn21 said:
Not for defensive help, we don't need it.
Your DB's arent exactly great. We stole Howard from u, and Madison would fill tht gap nicely. Ur O-Line needs more help tho cuz we took Jeno, and TB took Steussie.

Even if the Panthers accepted i wouldnt want Davis. Hes better then DeShon, but right now we need a guy with upside, ala Deshon

For my money its foster or bennett (of course we could have had bennett and 3 extra draft picks assuming one goes to Minn if we just picked him instead of fletcher :cry: )

Back
Top Bottom