If you love Finheaven...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Wildbill3, Oct 9, 2017.

1. fishfanmiami

fishfanmiami Have you seen junior's grades ? Moderator Finheaven VIP

It's a fact our owner takes a loss nearly every month so contribute if you can.

There is about a $2000 nut every month and most month we fall short. If you can help us reach that please do. That include VIP and donations and a running total usually appears at the top of the page.

2. DeeperImage

DeeperImage FinHeaven VIP

I once ran and owned a very large car forum myself (about 80,000 members), and I too struggled to keep it running to the point that I sold it back in 2009 because I was incurring about $500 negative loss each month. That, mixed with the economy crash at the time, my job, etc. I had to let it go :(. As someone already pointed out, these kinds of pleas will generate an initial influx of cash, but then you're right back at it again next month.

What does the $2,000 a month cost involve? Is it colo hosting costs? like a cage with some racks, internet connectivity, bandwidth costs, firewall costs, etc? I found that a managed hosted cloud option these days is probably a little cheaper, and typically runs smoother, as it they can make them elastic and grow, or shrink based on user demand.

What I mean by that is that right now you are probably paying $2,000 to handle a max capacity at all times, but you may only need that max capacity on game day, so having an elastic cloud option allows you to pay for max capacity only when you need it. When traffic is low, resource demand shrinks, therefore your cost shrinks. Then during game the opposite happens. Things like IaaS, ITaaS, etc. are the best options in today's market. Just my .02

3. DeeperImage

DeeperImage FinHeaven VIP

Also, have you ever reached out to the actual Dolphins FO? Specifically the marketing teams as they normally have co-op dollars to spend each month. This forum does a lot for the Dolphins community. You could propose direct links to a merchandise store, game-day promos, marketing promos with in-person events, etc. You could get partial funding from their marketing teams to run the site, and in return you offer them ad-space, email campaigns, etc.

Fin Fan in Cali likes this.
  4. finatical

finatical Scout Team Finheaven VIP

Just joined VIP again, Been a fan of Finheaven since 2004. Hope it helps! See you at the Bucs and Denver games! Go Fins!

Fin Fan in Cali and fishfanmiami like this.
  5. fishfanmiami

fishfanmiami Have you seen junior's grades ? Moderator Finheaven VIP

Good input brother DeeperImage :thumbsup

I cann't comment on which of your ideas have been tried or are being done now so I'll leave that to Bill and Henrik.

Thanks for your support of the site.

6. Fin Fan in Cali

Fin Fan in Cali Joanne Shaw Taylor Super Donator Finheaven VIP

Good evening brother. Please look around the site and see how many are on here on a daily basis, and how many have a Donated, Finheaven VIP, or Super Donator banner under there name. This needs to be a team effort rather than the same select group.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  7. Fin Fan in Cali

Please remember to join VIP if you would like to support the site. You get a great forum to post in, and you are helping keep the doors open and lights on for all to enjoy.
    Thanks very much,
    John

8. fins54

fins54 Scout Team

Dolphins just traded Ajayi to the Eagles for a 4th round pick......WOW!

9. Wildbill3

Wildbill3 Misery Loves Company Administrator Finheaven VIP Donator

so yeah, the dolphins make us miserable, but at least you have a place you can discuss their ineptitude! donate today folks, we need to save the only thing that keeps us sane about this team.

Henrik likes this.
  10. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

Just tidied up the thread. If you want to complain about moves the fins are making, that is what FH is here for. But don't do it in this thread, you literally have the entire dolphins forum for that

j-off-her-doll likes this.
  11. Fin Fan in Cali

Operators are standing by for your VIP memberships!

j-off-her-doll likes this.
  12. Fin Fan in Cali

Why don't you give yourself a gift by keeping the doors open with a donation, VIP membership, or if you can afford it a super donation. Thanks for your time and your membership. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
    John

13. Fin Fan in Cali

Good morning Brothers and Sisters! This awesome site has been Tried, Tested and True! It would wonderful to see new VIP memberships for one to help support the site, and for you to have your forum to talk Miami Dolphins football. Many other forums for you to enjoy as well. There are special threads by some of the sites well informed brothers with great conversation, outstanding hotties, and of course a lounge full of music.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017 at 10:59 AM
  14. Fin Fan in Cali

Join VIP and be happy! Beer don't cost nothin'

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017 at 5:41 PM
  15. Fin Fan in Cali

Good afternoon Family if you aren't a VIP member already, please be sure to join for the holidays. Have a great weekend!
    John