I'm behind our Coach | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm behind our Coach

dQbell

No More Games.
Reaction score
I'm listening/watching to last night's postgame comments and comparing Saban's remarks to much of what I have read on here.

Saban looked tired. He looked like he put it all on the field. He was supportive of the spirit of the players. I'm looking at a guy who hates to lose, a guy who gives it everything and expects that from his players. I'm behind this coach because I believe he has this team competing with a good attitude.

Here we are insisting on changes and demanding results. Bench Gus, fire Linehan, call better plays. I suppose we should expect these remarks, but I choose to stay behind our team and it's leadership. This team is so close to turning things around. I see the remainder of this season as opportunity to prove it.

dQbell said:
I'm listening/watching to last night's postgame comments and comparing Saban's remarks to much of what I have read on here.

Saban looked tired. He looked like he put it all on the field. He was supportive of the spirit of the players. I'm looking at a guy who hates to lose, a guy who gives it everything and expects that from his players. I'm behind this coach because I believe he has this team competing with a good attitude.

Here we are insisting on changes and demanding results. Bench Gus, fire Linehan, call better plays. I suppose we should expect these remarks, but I choose to stay behind our team and it's leadership. This team is so close to turning things around. I see the remainder of this season as opportunity to prove it.

god bless you I AGREEE!!!! im gonna be patient and look for the good during this rebuilding phase...screw the negative nancy's :cool:

dQbell said:

Lot of the same stuff you said could be said about any coach.

When Saban was hired, I felt we were getting a coach who would utilize his strengths and not try to be cute. I thought we were getting a coach who would not coddle players like Chambers who took his criticism wrong.

Now, I don't know what the hell we have except a guy who keeps pressing into our heads over and over about the process and execution. Just lovely sounding stuff.
Why does he start a guy like Howard? Why does he let Linehan act a fool every Sunday?? Why did he draft a RB #2 when he was NOT going to utilize his skills? Why is it that our defense still falls apart during crucial moments?

These are valid questions.

dQbell said:

Who says we're not behind our coach!! Just because we criticize that means we want him banished from the kingdom!! Do people not argue with their spouses?? Of course... That doesn't mean they don't love or respect them. People can agree to disagree. I just love when people say we're close to turning things around. Hey, I expected this team wouldn't go far this year. That's not what bothers me. What bothers me are certain decisions Saban has made. I still believe every coach deserves "3" yrs to turn a team around. It's his mindset I'm a bit concerned about. That's not something that necessarily changes...:fire:

Well I suppose the 1st year can be considered a mulligan! If they dont win 10 games next year, I WILL be MAD!!!

Superself said:
Lot of the same stuff you said could be said about any coach.

When Saban was hired, I felt we were getting a coach who would utilize his strengths and not try to be cute. I thought we were getting a coach who would not coddle players like Chambers who took his criticism wrong.

Now, I don't know what the hell we have except a guy who keeps pressing into our heads over and over about the process and execution. Just lovely sounding stuff.
Why does he start a guy like Howard? Why does he let Linehan act a fool every Sunday?? Why did he draft a RB #2 when he was NOT going to utilize his skills? Why is it that our defense still falls apart during crucial moments?

These are valid questions.

We are not getting blown out of the water in these losses. You have got to admit that this team is close. I'm not being crude, but you want results a bit early. All of your questions can be answered with the fact that a coach evaluates his team and makes decisions based on that. I definately trust that Saban is the right man to be doing that right now. Again, I still believe that we will see how far along we have come by the end of this season.

dQbell don't try to rationalize with these fruitcakes.....its not worth ur time

is parcells a good coach?
was dallas a kickass team not that long ago?

dQbell said:

Well I don't think anyone should be benched or cut. I think these are growing pains this offense and team has to go through to get to a point where they play well.

I haven't given up on the season.

dQbell said:
We are not getting blown out of the water in these losses. You have got to admit that this team is close. I'm not being crude, but you want results a bit early. All of your questions can be answered with the fact that a coach evaluates his team and makes decisions based on that. I definately trust that Saban is the right man to be doing that right now. Again, I still believe that we will see how far along we have come by the end of this season.

Results? I would just like decent playcalling. Damn the results, just play to your strength. Why draft a RB #2 and NOT use him?

I hope Saban is the right man. Its just that a lot of the calls on offense and defense have been suspect. IMO.

Back
Top Bottom