I'm confused | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm confused

We definetly need to bring back Jaime Nails for depth, can you imagine if one of our lineman or 2 go down, where would we be, We always have one player of starting caliber go down every year, who will it be this year, Im praying it doesnt happen, oh lord dont let it happen.
I agree Carey wont start at RT, not at the start, maybe mid season.:up:
I diasgree, Jamie Nails is completley washed up. Also, we do have depth. We dont need anymore mediocre linemen on our roster. We have 10 linemen who are respectable starters or atleast 2nd teamers. Smith,James,McKinney,Jerman,Carey,Whitley,Yates,McIntosh,St.Clair,Pape with about 8 of thoose in the running for starters.

Eshlemon said:
IMO Carey won't beat out St Clair for the starting RT position. Very few rookies have the ability to come in and be effective starters at tackle.
You may want to rethink that. I would guess that half of the starting tackles in the league started more than 10 games in their rookie season. Especially those drafted in the 1st round.

Carey will start at RT and St. Clair/McIntosh could probably slide down to RG if German or Whitley don't step up.

I just want to see the five best we have on the line. Carey will start even if it is inside becasue he is a steamroller on run blocking. Seth is a ? a center but played ok at the guard pos last season. I have not heard of moving stclaire back inside from any dolphin reports but that may change. Carey is more athlethic then you are giving him credit for. Jerman has looked ok or better during mini camp.(i know no pads) Seth has been getting his but whooped and not done very well on the line calls so far. This is my big concern. I would like to see Smith, Jeno, St claire, Seth, Carey or something of the sort. What every it is, it should be the five best linemen we have No matter if it means reteaching a tackle to play center or teaching a guard to play tackle. St claire has been a human turnstile at rg during mini camp. We have talent, youth, now lets pull their heads out and give them a purpose and some unity.

Greatscott127 said:
Seth has been getting his but whooped and not done very well on the line calls so far. This is my big concern.
I'm very curious as to where you got that info. Have you been to the camps and evaluated his performance for yourself or is it just what you've been reading on the net? Because I don't agree with you, he hasn't even had to make any line calls yet to any degree, so to say he's struggling with it is incorrect. He struggled with it last year, but by no means does that mean it will translate into this year in any way IMO. He has not been getting his butt whooped, he has actually held his own during most practices even without pads. The majority of the havoc the defensive line has been creating has been with the DE's on the tackles, not the interior of the line. Smith and St. Clair look the worst out of all our guys right now, but that's to be expected with JT lining up across from you in Smith's case. But McKinney will be a solid starter at the very least for us, so put it this way he will be much better than what you got out of Ruddy the last couple years.

Back
Top Bottom