IMO Parker just got Landry his Contract | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

IMO Parker just got Landry his Contract

Landry is our only legitimate weapon. You don’t get better by trading away your only legitimate weapon. Landry is also one of the top WR’s in the league. You don’t have the opportunity to draft one very often. I remember another Dolphins WR talent that we undervalued due to his position named Walker. I remember fans on this site discussing his value and how he wasn’t producing because he didn’t have the touchdown numbers of a number 1 WR. People were thrilled when we let him go until NE got him and destroyed teams using our overrated WR for years. Let Juice go at your own peril and watch the Pats snap him up and start owning everyone with him.

I think some of you are in denial. There is no sutch thing as an all rookie SB team. Elite talent is hard to find at any position. When you are successful finding it, you need to keep it, not let it go and redraft it for a lesser quality player so you can afford it. Miami’s cap problems aren’t our draft picks, it’s our free agent signings and trades that kill us.

Sorry but New England will never pay a wide receiver THE MONEY LANDRY WILL BE ASKING FOR
and they already own everyone with a receiving unit by committee
AND BY THE WAY...His name is Welker

Sorry but New England will never pay a wide receiver THE MONEY LANDRY WILL BE ASKING FOR
That's because player WANT to play with (not for) NE. We continually PAY players to play for us. Big difference there. I don't know how to change it either. Hopefully one day it will. Hopefully.

Reactions: <O>

I know his name is Welker, autocorrect got me there. Of any team in the NFL, NE can say you have a legit chance at a SB with them and have players know the chances are excellent. That SB chance can make lower contract numbers a whole lot more appealing. Knowing how Brady used Welker, a guy like Landry would be foolish not to take the leap. He would finally get the same or more fame then Beckham.

I see no reason to not have Parker here for 5 total years, unless we can get a decent return off him via a trade.

Unless Landry drops his money demands, I think we should just move on, which sucks, cause another guy we should of moved at the TDL instead of letting walk for free*.

*Possible comp pick in 19, depending on how much money we spend this offseason

Gotta re-sign Jarvis. It would be an abomination if they let him go. Them finishing 4-12/5-11 this year isn't going to help. The guy has the second most catches in the NFL and already has a career high in TDs.

The Parker situation is a slippery slope. I'd trade him for a pick or two. He's probably going to be one of those guys who will succeed elsewhere but they may not have much of a choice.

Dolphins are also running a business and Landry is a fan favourite, I think they try and get it done. Parker seemed to be connecting with RT but this year has been a complete bust

Dolphins are also running a business and Landry is a fan favourite, I think they try and get it done. Parker seemed to be connecting with RT but this year has been a complete bust
This front office has no issues sending or letting fan favorites out the door.

We absolutely need to resign Landry, if that means losing Parker, so be it. Stupidity to not have him tied up already in my view, he's our best offensive player by a country mile.

Ya'll are assuming Juice wants to be here. I've said before and I'll say it again. If Juice and Beckham want to play together then only the Browns have enough cap room room and staring at Sam Darnold No.1 would make thing interesting.

Let’s hope Landry gets re-signed. I’m afraid Tannenbaum wants the comp pick, so he can trade it away for a Horses Azz!!!

Giving Landry 15 mill a year would be what our FO has done for some long, give big money to where it doesn't belong. Just to refresh my memory, what was the last team that had a great super bowl offense where the main guy was a slow slot WR? I'll wait here. People can keep talking all they want about Landry plays with heart and energy but the fact remains that you can't run your offense thru your slot WR and expect to score a lot of points. I'm not trying to put Landry down. I'd like for him to be back but a slot WR in the NFL is not worth 10mill a year, let alone 15mill a year. This is the kind of thinking that has put us in the horrible cap situation that we're in right now. You can't over paid for Landry just because Parker is not a star. That makes no sense at all

Ozzy rules!!

Parker will never be an elite receiver. Its a shame because he has the tools, but doesn't seem to have the maturity/drive to put it together, plus his injury history. He is a guy who will tease you with spectacular catches here and there, but never consistent enough to be a real benefit to the team at a high salary.

Back
Top Bottom