Impressive young QB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Impressive young QB

PHINZONER

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Matt Cassell looked very impressive hitting his targets' in the hands and chest w/ all his throws. He throws a beautiful ball. No wobble.High rpms. Just plain hard and tight. Tom Brady better hope he does not get injured or off to Buffalo he will go.

What did you guys think of him once his line gave him enough time to drop back and pass? I thought I was watching our line from last year there for a while and seeing Feeley getting killed. He ran the offense very well and exuded great confidence.

Why does NE find these guys? Cut him NE!!!!!

I wasn't overly impressed with him tonight. He has a slow release with a looooong wind up, he also showed zero pocket presence. Of course it could just be rookie jitters and his release issue can be worked on...who knows.

i only saw the second half of the 4th quarter but that dude had zero awareness, got drilled on a corner blitz, Made me smile to see Bill B. walkin off the field pissed :)

Hez' a patriot !
and he will pull grass out of his helmet with JT in his grill just like all Qb's

imo st.nick will work his magic and we will have a cb and a qb that is worth a chit b 4 this year is up :evil: or atleast someone that can fill in and do a decent job until next year til brees is here:evil:

Pocket awreness. That is funny. I did not see a pocket on alot of the early plays. He was being blitzed from all over and no help. He could not even get his dropback done before 2 guys hit him. The last drive was sweet. He did absolutely everything right. Except for the inadvertent whistle threw them. Good! I hope it happens to them again.

It looked like 04 finball when he was being t'd up. How bout that first pass by Brady. That was the prettiest pass I have ever seen him throw. I hoe he throws alot like that this year.

I didn't think he was good, he only looked good on the last drive

PHINZONER said:
Matt Cassell looked very impressive hitting his targets' in the hands and chest w/ all his throws. He throws a beautiful ball. No wobble.High rpms. Just plain hard and tight. Tom Brady better hope he does not get injured or off to Buffalo he will go.

What did you guys think of him once his line gave him enough time to drop back and pass? I thought I was watching our line from last year there for a while and seeing Feeley getting killed. He ran the offense very well and exuded great confidence.

Why does NE find these guys? Cut him NE!!!!!

I just have this gut feeling they found another diamond in the rough. Yet, it's not that crazy to think he could be successful, given his pedigree.........I mean the only reason he never got his chance at USC was because guys like Palmer and Leinhart were starting.

Look at how Brock Berlin has been doing for you guys late in games... alot like Cassel.

Do you honestly think Brock Berlin is a good QB?

Losman7 said:
Look at how Brock Berlin has been doing for you guys late in games... alot like Cassel.

Do you honestly think Brock Berlin is a good QB?

I would say that we honestly don't know what type of NFL QB Berlin may turn out to be.

I would say exactly the same thing about Losman.

zachseau13 said:
I would say that we honestly don't know what type of NFL QB Berlin may turn out to be.

I would say exactly the same thing about Losman.

Give me a break, Berlin was crap in college, and he was undrafted, Losman was a first round pick...

Nobody will be surprised if Berlin fails.

If Losman fails he will be labeled a bust, berlin will be a never was, never was supposed to be.

Berlin wouldn't even be givin a second thought if it weren't for the fact that Frerotte, Feeley, and Rosenfels are one of the weakest QB linups in the league.

Losman7 said:
Give me a break, Berlin was crap in college, and he was undrafted, Losman was a first round pick...

Yes, because the draft position of NFL QB's means something. LMFAO!

Heath Shuler, David Klingler, Akili Smith, Ryan Leaf had great college careers, were drafted in the 1st round and stunk in the NFL

Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round, Kurt Warner was undrafted

The FACT is that we do not know what kind of NFL QB either player will be.

Anything else is blind homerism.

zachseau13 said:
Yes, because the draft position of NFL QB's means something. LMFAO!

Heath Shuler, David Klingler, Akili Smith, Ryan Leaf had great college careers, were drafted in the 1st round and stunk in the NFL

Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round, Kurt Warner was undrafted

The FACT is that we do not know what kind of NFL QB either player will be.

Anything else is blind homerism.

I'm not baseing it on draft position, I'm baseing it on Berlin being a crappy QB.

The guy couldn't do what Ken Dorsey did for christ sakes, he played on the most athletically gifted team in college football and looked out of place.

Back
Top Bottom