In All Fairness... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

In All Fairness...

Charlie Rivers

SUPERBOWL BOUND!!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
...the Chiefs will likely be the very worse team this season. So our victory over them is not such a big deal. Now the Saints, that's another story all together. Go Fins!

...the Chiefs will likely be the very worse team this season. So our victory over them is not such a big deal. Now the Saints, that's another story all together. Go Fins!
Its preseason. NEITHER game matters.

I agree that preseason games are not a good predictor, but you should notice extreme changes. Here are a few examples:

1. Special teams actually forming a wall. It looked like a wall instead of a gaggle of cute yellow ducklings bumping into each other just before the croc. gets them.
  2. Scoring on 4 out 7 drives by the offense when Chad P. led them. I have not seen that during the last 3 preseasons.
  3. Offensive linemen getting to the 2nd level consistently. It has been 10 years since I have seen that.
The chiefs will be horrible, so we should not get carried away with our success. We should recognize that this team will be competitive any every game this year. That is a big improvement.

Its preseason. NEITHER game matters.

Maybe, but you've gotta like the effort and execution against the Jags ( a team everyone is pimping as a contender ). And, there's something to be said about not playing down to the level of the Chiefs. At the end of the day, this is a franchise and fanbase starving for wins of any type, preseason or not. I buy into the theory that a good veteran team shouldn't put as much stock into preseason, but this team is a new beast altogether. Feed the beast and head into the season with some mojo instead of "failing forward fast"!

Back
Top Bottom