Indy - St Louis - Minny - What Would You Do? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Indy - St Louis - Minny - What Would You Do?

LouPhinFan

It's ok to say "I don't know".
Club Member
Reaction score
Just saw a segment on NFL Live with an interesting question. One of three teams are going to end up with the first pick in the draft.

You're the GM of the following teams. What do you do if you have the #1 pick? Let's assume if you trade the pick you're going to get a package of picks with AT LEAST two 1st rounders and a player. If you trade the player then you'll get a 1st rounder and another pick or player (probably both).

Indy - (Manning checks out as healthy) Do you draft Luck or trade the pick?

St. Louis - Do you trade Bradford (drafting Luck) or trade the pick?

Minnesota - Do you trade Ponder (drafting Luck) or trade the pick?

It's your call in each situation. What are you doing if you're each team? Give reasons for you answers, I'll be grading on a curve. :)

If I'm any of those teams, I draft luck, and trade my QB... With Minny, I may try to trade him for like 5 first rounders I suppose....

Indy - I take Luck and don't look back. Everybody on the team is either old or just sucks.

St. Louis - sell the pick; fire Josh McDaniel's, take the best OT, and WR

Vikings - sell the pick; take the best OT and WR

Indy should draft Luck, they can sit for a year and after Manning proves his health they could maximize Mannings value before the 2013 draft. As a franchise they never thought this opportunity would happen so you take advantage and be a contender again in no time.

Minnesota has seen how good Ponder can be already, why not take advantage and use this opportunity to get this team younger from the bounty of picks you'd get. If your worried about Luck being great then trade him to the AFC.

St.Louis has nothing surrounding Bradford, the line is semi awful, there's no TE and their RB is on his last legs. Just like Minnie they could take this opportunity to surround Bradford with some talent.

Let's not get stupid with the idea of Luck being the be all end all, I believe he will be great but Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Manning and Manning, Rapesburger have all won Superbowls not just one guy. Minnie and St.Louis need to up the talent around the QB's they already have, they need to trade this pick. Ponder and Bradford would have a very limited amount of teams willing to trade for them and the value would vary greatly. The thought of A.Luck being great will continue to drive the price up for teams that feel their a QB away thus the value of trading the pick is through the roof!

All 3:

Trade the pick to Miami. :p

Realistically, as others have said:

Indy - Take Luck if he's willing to sit behind Peyton for 2-3 years.

St. Louis & Minnesota - Trade the pick to build around young QB's.

If Mia picks in the top 5, trade that pick and the 1st rd and 2nd rd pick from 2013 for the #1 pick in 2012 (LUCK); that's fair.. If we don't pick in the top 5 get used to Matt Moore as our QB in 2012 and beyond.

Back
Top Bottom