insight too june 1 cuts and signings for dolphins? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

insight too june 1 cuts and signings for dolphins?

does anyone have any idea who we might be eyeing? I'm so sick of hearing bad news I need some good news.

Here is a big shock,i think this team will wait and see who is there and lb might be a pick up. Lots depends on how bad we raped on the cap from the ogun deal. Do not rule out the signing of another wr as well. If DT or someoneelse doesnot step up it could be sooner than later. Guard will also get a look see. If a better player is out there do not rule out that position either.

WR will be picked up first and then Lb will be addressed unless their is some really great OL men out there

According to Drew Rosenhaus, Musin Muhammed.

John Clayton of Inside the huddle on sportcenter said if Muhammed is cut. We would be right there to sign him. no trust in DT it sounds like. I watched Muhammed all last season, because I live in Nc. He would be a great #3. Tall and has great hands like Orande.

did anyone pick up that seahawks middle linebacker, his name escapes me. hes big and strong but lacks speed but would provide us with alot better depth. and i would definately go after muhammud. id like to see him in on 3rd downs and be what gadsen used to be. he can block downfield for ricky. and i want to see the patsies be physical with him, he wont be afraid of any of that just like we saw in the superbowl. i also like him because he played in a superbowl like howard and james and i like that rick is looking at that and that we need players who have been on the road to a championship before. if we sign him itll be kinda weird having 3 of the panthers starters on our team now. haha

1. Mushin Muhammad, WR
2. Jamie Nails, OG/Frank Middleton, OG/Bob Whitfield, OT

Landing Muhammad would be a coup. THe guy has played at a pro bowl level before, and has been slowed recently due to injuries. He's healthy again and would fit in very nicely with Chambers and Boston. He's a big play, clutch situation receiver who's tall and fearless. That would complete our skill position search.

If a big name guard gets released, we should pursue him. If not, I'd go get Jamie Nails (at least bring him in and talk to the guy, give him a thorough physical etc.). If his knees are okay (that's been the knock on him recently) then sign him. That would complete our team.

It wouldn't hurt to go sign a big blocking FB either to back up Konrad. I don't see Morris blocking much and if Konrad goes down we need that power leading the way for Ricky.

New Depth chart would look like this:

WR - Chambers, Boston, Muhammad, Thompson, Newsome/Simmons/Tolver*
TE - McMichael, Lee, Perry*
OT - Smith, Carey, McIntosh*, St. Clair*
OG - James, Nails, Jerman*, Whitley/Pape*
C - McKinney, Yates*
FB - Konrad, Henry/FA Pickup*
RB - Williams, Minor*, Russel*
QB - Feely (Hoping), Fiedler*, Rosenfels*

DE - Taylor, Ogunleye, Bowens*, Williams*, Grigsby*
DT - Bowens, Chester, Zganina*, Romero*
LB - Thomas, Seau, Greenwood, Moore*, Jenkins*, Bua*
CB - Surtain, Madison, Howard*, Poole*
S - Knight, Bell, Freeman*, Edwards*, Wooden*, Akins*

K - Mare
P - Turk

That's 53 out the door.

I say make a push for Whitfield and/or Gannon.

miamirw said:
1. Mushin Muhammad, WR
2. Jamie Nails, OG/Frank Middleton, OG/Bob Whitfield, OT

Landing Muhammad would be a coup. THe guy has played at a pro bowl level before, and has been slowed recently due to injuries. He's healthy again and would fit in very nicely with Chambers and Boston. He's a big play, clutch situation receiver who's tall and fearless. That would complete our skill position search.

If a big name guard gets released, we should pursue him. If not, I'd go get Jamie Nails (at least bring him in and talk to the guy, give him a thorough physical etc.). If his knees are okay (that's been the knock on him recently) then sign him. That would complete our team.

It wouldn't hurt to go sign a big blocking FB either to back up Konrad. I don't see Morris blocking much and if Konrad goes down we need that power leading the way for Ricky.

New Depth chart would look like this:

WR - Chambers, Boston, Muhammad, Thompson, Newsome/Simmons/Tolver*
TE - McMichael, Lee, Perry*
OT - Smith, Carey, McIntosh*, St. Clair*
OG - James, Nails, Jerman*, Whitley/Pape*
C - McKinney, Yates*
FB - Konrad, Henry/FA Pickup*
RB - Williams, Minor*, Russel*
QB - Feely (Hoping), Fiedler*, Rosenfels*

DE - Taylor, Ogunleye, Bowens*, Williams*, Grigsby*
DT - Bowens, Chester, Zganina*, Romero*
LB - Thomas, Seau, Greenwood, Moore*, Jenkins*, Bua*
CB - Surtain, Madison, Howard*, Poole*
S - Knight, Bell, Freeman*, Edwards*, Wooden*, Akins*

K - Mare
P - Turk

That's 53 out the door.

You missed a few, but other than that thats a solid depth chart u put together.

RB: Morris
WR: Minnis

I over heard on the radio this morning Dolphins are still keeping an eye out for veteran OL'men and knowing how the Dolphins tend to eyeball older and more experienced players, Kenyata Walker was brought up on the show. Dolphins are believed to possibly go after an Offensive Linemen with veteran leadership and who may be looking to get a second chance after a struggling season. If this is true, Kenyata Walker does have a shot. AFter coming off a "so-so" season Dolphins may be a fresh atmosphere he is needing. (not to mention the fact OL is the one area we could use some furnishing in.)

told you so

dukebomb said:
John Clayton of Inside the huddle on sportcenter said if Muhammed is cut. We would be right there to sign him. no trust in DT it sounds like. I watched Muhammed all last season, because I live in Nc. He would be a great #3. Tall and has great hands like Orande.
its funny how people are acting like they never heard this before.... i recall saying this before john clayton :roflmao: i guess people dont trust their fellow phin fans enough.

oh yeah another thing.... look out for guard middleton from the raiders he would be a good fit ... better than walker for us.;)

There was a thread last week going into a similar vein. The consensus at that time, such as it was, had us looking at Jeremiah Trotter, MLB from the Redskins, David Terrell, WR from Chicago, Frank Middleton, OG from Oakland, and perhaps Kenyatta Walker, ORT from Tampa Bay. Does anyone know if Walker could play guard?

At that time the rumor on Muhammed was not part of the PFW article being dissected. Any of those five would be a possibilty.

Nails could be signed right now, he is a UFA not a potential 6/1 cut. I too would like to see him get a full physical. He is only 28 and if healthy should still have a lot left in his tank.

Does anyone know what kind of contract ogun is going to get? Will we have any space left?

Back
Top Bottom