[Intellectually-challenged] Chiefs Fans | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[Intellectually-challenged] Chiefs Fans

Phinnhedd

Logic, rarely used on here.
Reaction score
I've been trolling on the chiefs message boards at chiefs planet and some of those guys are seriously intellectually-challenged. They'd rather have some crappy tool CB than Pat Surtain. Call me a homer, but Surtain is the best CB on the market. A lot of them are complaining that giving up a 2nd round pick is dumb. "that they shouldn't trade away their 2nd round pick because they need to fill holes in their defense" ???? How often can you get a CB like Surtain for a very reasonable rate? I for one say **** the chiefs fans (not all of them, just the intellectually-challenged ones) and would like to see Surtain come back next year. **** the pick.

Mod Note: I edited the term "retarded" out of the title and post. This may not seem like the biggest deal to some, but the use of that term has been discussed among the members and staff here before and the consensus came down on the side of trying to show a bit more class and respect for others. Feel free to trash Chiefs fans' arguments on the merits; abstain from using the derogatory term.

Thanks,
P4E

Its par for the course if you visit fan sites including this one.There is a general overestimation of ones players and a devaluation of a player that comes from another team.The truth is somewhere in the middle IMO.

Shutdown corners are players that you don't miss until you have one....We will miss PS, but I understand the necessity of making a trade. The Cheifs fans will be surprised when they see how PS operates for them. Now, lets get this deal done so we can all move on...

The Chiefs are my second favorite team... The fact that we *have* to get rid of Surtain, they should be grateful and take advantage of it. The thing about Surtain is a lot of $$$, injury prone, and I honestly think because of this newly enforced 5 yard rule that CB's have lost *some* value. Don't misinterpret that, CB is still one of the most important postions on defense. Since the Chiefs had a bad record, they're 2nd round pick is like a late 1st round pick... which is why a Dolphins fan... I hope they give it to us along with a 4th maybe. I think they should definitely go for it. They're better off going for Surtain rather than overpaying for Law or Rolle. The Chiefs obviously don't need help with offense at the moment (come 2006 they'll be in a lot of trouble with FA and players aging + retirements). I think they're better off getting Surtain now and next year will be their last chance to be a super bowl contender in my honest opinion. Of course I hope Phins get the better part of the deal, and KC is the number one team I hope we trade with.

now if we can get a 2nd and a 4th im all for it, but only a 2nd rounder, no thanks buddy. Pat isn't "injury prone", he missed one game last season and i think 6 altogether. The only thing that the Chiefs are concerned about is his knee issue. I dont know the extent of that problem but IMO he's worth more than a mere second rounder.

yea just a 2nd is no good.maybe a can snag a player from any one that we trade them to. not a big time player but kind of just a decent player.

Phinnhedd said:
now if we can get a 2nd and a 4th im all for it, but only a 2nd rounder, no thanks buddy. Pat isn't "injury prone", he missed one game last season and i think 6 altogether. The only thing that the Chiefs are concerned about is his knee issue. I dont know the extent of that problem but IMO he's worth more than a mere second rounder.

Alright maybe I misused "injury prone". Yes, the knee problems is definitely a concern. Knee problem is a real concern. Before I was saying first round only for Pat... now I'm happy with 2nd and 4th, but I agree he's worth more than the offer we're getting.

painnotpleasure said:
The Chiefs are my second favorite team...

I love the Miami Dolphins. I hate the other 31 teams. It has always been that way... since 1971... I have never considered having a second favorite team. It might work for you PNP... but I'm a one-trick pony. Every other team is an enemy... a despised enemy.

If I were in their shoes I would want to sign a Samari Rolle than give a 2nd round pick for Surtain too. Many on this board over value Surtain.

I hate to say it, but I think a lot of us are over-valuing Pat. He is a GREAT Corner, but he is getting older and like previously mentioned... Corners have lost some of their value because of the newly enforced 5 yrd rule. I love Pat and the things he does on the field. Just put yourself in other teams shoes... You would be giving up at least one (draft pick) solid young player which should play on your team for 5+ years (being conservative) for a probowl player that will probably only play on your team for 3 years. Not to mention Pats salary is a lot higher than a rookie's.

SirFin said:
I love the Miami Dolphins. I hate the other 31 teams. It has always been that way... since 1971... I have never considered having a second favorite team. It might work for you PNP... but I'm a one-trick pony. Every other team is an enemy... a despised enemy.

amen to that bro

SirFin said:
Every other team is an enemy... a despised enemy.

What about the opponents for Buffalo, New England and the Jets? Was Philly a despised enemy on Super Bowl Sunday?

Back
Top Bottom