Interesting Article on Tannehill | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting Article on Tannehill

Looked to me like he threw into double coverage. You can’t do that with possibly only one chance in OT. Mahomes did the same thing the following week. You have to be more patient with possibly only one chance. Both those mistakes were on the QB IMO.

Looked to me like he threw into double coverage. You can’t do that with possibly only one chance in OT. Mahomes did the same thing the following week. You have to be more patient with possibly only one chance. Both those mistakes were on the QB IMO.
Looking at the play closely you see easily the receiver signaled his route. What down was it wasn't it 3 down?

If I were the Titans I would draft his replacement. Tannehill is just not a guy who you can depend on when you need him most.
If I were the Titans, I would be making a full out press for Rodgers. They win the Super Bowl with upgraded QB play

The problem is that Vrabel literally did that to his own team. His team got the ball with several minutes left. He ran the clock down on them and made aggressive throws his team's only chance of winning in regulation.

Vrabel did a marvelous job in the regular season but his playoff coaching leaves a ton to be desired. He turns into Dave Wannstedt.

The problem is that Vrabel literally did that to his own team. His team got the ball with several minutes left. He ran the clock down on them and made aggressive throws his team's only chance of winning in regulation.

Vrabel did a marvelous job in the regular season but his playoff coaching leaves a ton to be desired. He turns into Dave Wannstedt.

Congrats. Yeah he won some two years ago. He also had an offense with a big play qb, AJ Brown, Corey Davis, Jonnu Smith, and a host of backup receivers that could all break open deep, and he refused to do anything on offense but try to run the ball 45 times a game. And that entirely one dimensional play can win a game or two on the playoffs but you aren't gonna beat the table that way.

Congrats. Yeah he won some two years ago. He also had an offense with a big play qb, AJ Brown, Corey Davis, Jonnu Smith, and a host of backup receivers that could all break open deep, and he refused to do anything on offense but try to run the ball 45 times a game. And that entirely one dimensional play can win a game or two on the playoffs but you aren't gonna beat the table that way.

Pats that game had TB12. The Titans had RT17

My point was there is no need to insult Vrabel. He has a ways to go before he's in the same class as Wanny or Jeff Fisher

Keep bashing Tannehill. In three years after his Dolphins run, he has played and won more playoff games than the Dolphins have in over 20 years. But he’s the one that sucks…

Keep bashing Tannehill. In three years after his Dolphins run, he has played and won more playoff games than the Dolphins have in over 20 years. But he’s the one that sucks…
His TEAM has played in more playoff games. Tannehill is a decent QB when he has a team and coaching staff around him like he has in Tennessee. He never had the coaches and players around him in Miami and he can manage a game well enough with the talent he has around him now to get his team to the playoffs.

I just don’t see him as a QB that can lead his team to the SB. With all the young QB’s in the AFC now,Tannehill has probably gone as far as he can with the Titans. They should be looking to replace him over the next two years if they are serious about ever getting to the SB.

HE hasn’t won jack $#1t. He merely played on a TEAM that qualified for those postseason games and won some of them.

Every time someone like you says something like this, you discredit yourself. Because you lack the very simple and basic understanding that football is a team game and games are not won by individuals.

A comprehensive list of QB’s from SB winning teams can be compiled that weren’t half as good as Dan Marino, Dan Fouts, Jim Kelly, Warren Moon, etc.

The difference was those inferior QB’s played on better, more complete teams and/or against lesser competition than the HOF QB’s.

Ryan Tannehill is the same QB he was in Miami, he’s just played on better, more complete teams in Tennessee and out of the same division as New England.

Furthermore when the game comes down to Tannehill‘s arm against equal or better teams in postseason play, the results have always been the same. The Titans go as far as the defense and run game carries them.

The fact that you and other RT fanboys can’t see or acknowledge any of the above says a lot about your knowledge of the game. It’s quite limited and lacking. And agenda driven.

Enough already.

His TEAM has played in more playoff games. Tannehill is a decent QB when he has a team and coaching staff around him like he has in Tennessee. He never had the coaches and players around him in Miami and he can manage a game well enough with the talent he has around him now to get his team to the playoffs.

I just don’t see him as a QB that can lead his team to the SB. With all the young QB’s in the AFC now,Tannehill has probably gone as far as he can with the Titans. They should be looking to replace him over the next two years if they are serious about ever getting to the SB.

See, it’s really not that hard to have proper perspective. You have it in spades.

Let’s be real. Almost ANY worthwhile starting QB can be part of a SB winner. It depends upon how much help surrounds them. That’s why the likes of Doug Williams, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Jim Plunkett, Mark Rypien, Jeff Hostetler, Phil Simms, Jim McMahon, Troy Aikman, Nick Foles, Joe Flacco, Eli Manning, and Steve Young all have SB rings.

All those dudes had a TON of help surrounding them. And none of them are among the elite QB‘s of all-time.

What separates the average to good QB’s from the truly elite is the amount of help they need. Guys like Marino, Elway, Fouts, Rodgers, etc. could take average to maybe slightly above average teams — or at least those with glaring weaknesses — and elevate them to legit contenders.

Most QB’s aren’t able to do that.

Ryan Tannehill fits into the same category as every other average to slightly above average starting QB fits into. He needs a lot of help around him and isn’t capable of elevating a team solely upon his own talent and skill.

Guys like Rodgers, Brady and Mahomes surely need those things too, especially to win a title. But they don’t need as much help and can elevate lesser teams.

How some aren’t able to recognize the differences between these types of QB‘s is beyond me.

Back
Top Bottom