Interesting deep ball chart after 2 weeks. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting deep ball chart after 2 weeks.

Also surprising to see Flacco at the bottom of that list. He's always been more of a vertical passer.

i

Small sample size needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Scheme and other variables have a lot to do with this. Hue Jackson loves throwing the ball downfield, Aaron Rodgers line isn't very good etc.

As far as Jay goes he is going to be aggressive downfield, its his M.O. When Parker makes that catch it looks great, when the DB intercepts it, it looks awful. Also this chart is further confirmation that Joe Flacco is awful.

He can thank his receiving corp for helping him drastically. That's the luxury we have and why having cutler may not totally degrade our chances....our unreal talent at WR.
He should've had 2 picks.... thank you parker.

I think the chargers loaded the box all game and it didn't matter. Ajayi just runs through you

He was much more effective on runs up the middle than on ones around the edge, however. I don't know if that's a stable characteristic of his, or whether it was specific to the Chargers game. If it's a stable characteristic of his, I suspect it's because it's far easier for him to run over defenders when he's running right at them, than when he's running at a far more oblique angle to them. This guy needs to be given that advantage of running straight at people and running them over.

Pft ran an article about how Belichek once told the story of how Lawrence Taylor knew which man on offense was blocking him based on fear in their eyes.

One day I'd like to hear something similar to that about Ajayi. "He knew who was run blitzing because he could hear their bones breaking before the play started"

I'm much more concerned with completion percentage than attempts. Yes, you have to take shots but when you heave 50/50 balls (or 30/70 but are gambling on DVP to bail you out) it's going to lead to more bad than good.

The long pass to DVP was grossly under-thrown as was the TD pass to Stills who had to adjust and come under the defender for the catch. Although I am very aware that he needs time to adapt to the timing of his new receiver, at the same time I was also not impressed.
the one to Parker should have been picked. But I thought the Stills one was thrown to the spot on purpose as he had a LB on him who wasn't looking.

Pft ran an article about how Belichek once told the story of how Lawrence Taylor knew which man on offense was blocking him based on fear in their eyes.

One day I'd like to hear something similar to that about Ajayi. "He knew who was run blitzing because he could hear their bones breaking before the play started"
LT - for having the intelligence of a snail - was pretty street smart. He was notorious for sending hookers to o-lineman's rooms that he would go against the next day.

It's not a question of arm strength on the deep ball, it's a question of timing and accuracy. You can think Cutler meant to throw that ball at that exact spot...truth is if he leads Parker it's probably a touchdown. Parker had two yards on the defender, safety only came over to push Parker out because Parker had to stop his momentum to come back to the ball and leap over the defender. Cutler leads him it's an easy six. Cutler has been underthrowing the deep ball...saw it all through preseason.
Yeah it was a bad throw. No way he "meant to have it temporarily intercepted"

I guess I'm out of the loop on my Browns fanfare.
It's OK, he has a good amount of potential, but he is very raw. Before he took a snap in a preseason game he had already told the media he was better than Tom Brady ... so yeah, he may have trouble becoming the grinder needed to get the most out of that potential. Kinda like RG3 in that regard ... the talent is there, he just needs to commit to the work and sacrifice to become great. And thus far, we haven't seen him make that commitment.

Back
Top Bottom