Interesting Fin Notes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting Fin Notes

PhinPhreak

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Chris Chambers is a man-child. The Dolphins need to lock this kid up fast. There is a lot on Rick Spielman's plate but if they want to get Chambers and Ogunleye done, they can.
Arturo Freeman keeps practice light. At one point he was jawing with Ricky Williams. At another point he grabbed and tugged at A.J. Feeley after he scrambled for a 'gain.'
Every guy in the media has picked an undrafted free agent to pull for. Me? Put me down for Fred Russell. I hope he gets a shot to return kicks and punts. Wannstedt said he's returned kicks before, but not punts. If only he wasn't 5-7...
Tony Bua has been given a locker next to Zach Thomas. No coincidence. Bua is about the same size Thomas was when he arrived. Bua at this point looks out of place (see scrawny arms) in the linebacker drills.
Jim Bates brings energy to practice.
Willie Poole is already on Miami's starting dime unit.
Keep an eye on Yeremiah Bell. He's so talented he could challenge at safety...

Full Article

Lots of stuff being echoed here. So it's encouraging to see that we're not that far off from the guys paid to follow the team.

One thing I found interesting was when Schad said that Will Poole is already on the starting dime unit. Is this true?? Or does it have something to do with Sam Madison not being on the field??

Fred Russell is Ozzy's Rudy I believe. Hopefully he'll get a shot at kickoffs. Being 5-7 is ok. Dante Hall only goes 5-8. 187. Russell weighs 191. So they're pretty much the same size.

About The Rock being at camp.....I noticed it here too. :)

Will Poole was reported as starting with the dime unit before Madison got knicked. I'm not sure how big a deal it is however since the only other CB's in the minicamp are Korey Banks and Mesene Louisdor. DW has said earlier that he wants a CB as the dime this year instead of the S he has had previously.

Isn't Kelvin Millhouse in camp as well? He's a corner.

PhinPhreak said:
Every guy in the media has picked an undrafted free agent to pull for. Me? Put me down for Fred Russell. I hope he gets a shot to return kicks and punts. Wannstedt said he's returned kicks before, but not punts. If only he wasn't 5-7...

While not an undrafted FA, Im pulling for Rex Hadnot - hes my guy (I called it!). Hes a late round flyer that will make his mark on the OL before the season is over. JMO. :)

Muck said:
Lots of stuff being echoed here. So it's encouraging to see that we're not that far off from the guys paid to follow the team.

Or the guy's lazy and just reads the camp reports here then makes an article out of it. :D

KBISBACK said:
Isn't Kelvin Millhouse in camp as well? He's a corner.

OOps, got me you're right. And with all of his zone work in college he would be used to playing off receivers which he would have to do to play the dime.

Still, Poole is the only draft pick, CB on the roster, beyond the first three and would be the logical choice to get the first crack at the dime.

P.S. There is also Roundtree in NFLE to consider when we get to camp.

PhinPhreak said:
Chris Chambers is a man-child. The Dolphins need to lock this kid up fast.

chea...:up:

thanks for the camp reports from those lucky enough to attend! since the Rock was referenced (thanks for that pic and the others Muck!), i never realized how big a guy DW is. the Rock looks as though he has leaned out some, but Wanny looks huge! compare the two standing next to each other.

I'm going with Russel as my UDFA to watch. I know, thats everybody else's pick too, but I heard some good things about him and he reminds me of Dante Hall (one of my fav players cuz I'm a huge Texas A&M fan n he went to college there) with the whole undersized, super-quick RB thing (and for all of y'all who are gonna tell me Dante Halls a WR, he played RB in college, so he counts as a RB, lol) . He could be a ballin' KR for us...or at least alot better then Rogers was last yr.

Yup. And The Rock goes 6-5.

Wanny's a big dude. 'Ol Shoes looks like a little kid between them. :)

BTW - the guy in the white hat to the right is Jim Bates.

Back
Top Bottom