Interesting parrallels...Santana Moss was #16 in '01 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting parrallels...Santana Moss was #16 in '01

InSabanWeTrust1

Section 238 row 6
Reaction score
[mod] please keep draft threads in the draft forum [/mod]

Its very interesting that Santana Moss was taken in the same position that the fins are drafting this season. After Moss, Smith, and Galloways breakout years, more credence and respect has been given to these smaller quicker receivers. If jackson is there obviously we scoop him. But i fear he will be gone to philly or denver and we will have the option to pick up 5'10'' Santonio Holmes. 4.34 speed and a lot of qualities we could use in the slot opposite of Chambers. Chambers is a bigger possession and break away threat a true #1. If we can put a barnburner in one of the slots we can create a lot of matchups problems because their safeties will have to choose who to double cover. The matchup problems this would create would be endless. Now, they would just have a spy on Daunte, a cb and a safety on chambers, a olb on brown, and probably a safety on mcmike and a cb on booker. You throw in a holmes instead of a welker and......wow.

thats why we should draft the next santana moss.. at the same pick...from the same position...born in the same area...South Florida.

i hope you mean 4.34 speed. because 5.34 is slow for an O lineman.

i think we have bigger needs than WR. i dont think we should pass up on stud defenders for Holmes. if he is the best left sure, but i would prefer Derek Hagan in the 3rd, better for the value i think.

yeh if we can get him there thatd be nice. i want an de/olb first round if we dont go wr. the draft is too deep at db to take first round other than huff. allen, whitner, williams, hill, cromartie, youhbouty are all on the same level and theres a chance one of the guys falls 3rd or the guys right below them.

Back
Top Bottom