Interesting Statistic | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting Statistic

dolpns13

Taste the Burn
Club Member
Reaction score
Tannehill plays his best part of the game in the 4th quarter thus refuting the arguement that he is not a 4th quarter QB. Although the sack number is high, the ratio of 6 TD's to only 3 Ints's in the 4th is very impressive. I would like to see a higher completion %age however we all know a QB's completion percentage is slightly skewed due to WR drops.

I expect to see some responses using the terminolgy "garbage time" regardless this is a very promising statistic being that we were in almost all of our games going into the 4th qtr. The future looks bright at the QB position for once.
BY QUARTER
CMP
ATT
YDS
CMP%
AVG
LNG
TD
INT
SACK
RAT
ATT
YDS
AVG
LNG
TD
QUARTER = 1
QUARTER = 2
QUARTER = 3
QUARTER = 4

If he did what he did in the 4th in every quarter he would have put up about 4,000 yards with 24 TD's and 12 picks. That would have been awesome!!

If he did what he did in the 4th in every quarter he would have put up about 4,000 yards with 24 TD's and 12 picks. That would have been awesome!!

Unfortunately he had to deal with alot of subpar talent around him too, and he was still successful late in games.

Unfortunately he had to deal with alot of subpar talent around him too, and he was still successful late in games.

Nice Stats Dude. "Successful" I would not go that Far. I think they get him some Playmakers in 2013, maybe? But the real stat is another losing record. We got Blown Out in our First Game and Last Game of the Season. Only one 4th quarter comeback man, just sayin. Had he Won a couple of those games in the 4th Quarter (19-14 Buffalo Game for example) he would have cemented his Draft #, and feeling more positive about 2013...

Nice Stats Dude. "Successful" I would not go that Far. I think they get him some Playmakers in 2013, maybe? But the real stat is another losing record. We got Blown Out in our First Game and Last Game of the Season. Only one 4th quarter comeback man, just sayin. Had he Won a couple of those games in the 4th Quarter (19-14 Buffalo Game for example) he would have cemented his Draft #, and feeling more positive about 2013...

Ok, on the cusp of successful... Had it not been for Carpenter he would have been credited with 2 more. Point being he cant do it all on his own and many on this board cant or wont see that. He had his fair share of issues, but unfortunately he gets the blame for WR's dropping balls and kickers missing game winning field goals. His 4th QTR numbers are solid. He cant do it all on his own.

Ok, on the cusp of successful... Had it not been for Carpenter he would have been credited with 2 more. Point being he cant do it all on his own and many on this board cant or wont see that. He had his fair share of issues, but unfortunately he gets the blame for WR's dropping balls and kickers missing game winning field goals. His 4th QTR numbers are solid. He cant do it all on his own.

I hear you man. I think he is Good. Ok. Every team can say we would have Won this game had that happened...The Fins Scapegoat for 2012 will be Dan Carpenter...Fine. Bottom Line
2 Rookie QBs are facing off this weekend, one drafted after Tannehill. I know they have Playmakers that is the Rally Cry, but you just said if not for Carpenter, he would have 2 more wins, and had Tannehill not thrown the INT in the 4th qtr against the Bills, 3 more wins, and a 10 Win Season. Blah Blah Blah. 3 Rookie QBS are starting in the Playoffs, not ours...

Back
Top Bottom