"Internal Dissension" the main problem on the Miami Dolphins? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Internal Dissension" the main problem on the Miami Dolphins?

How does Parcells jumping ship before the team has accomplished anything here not make sense to you as unprofessional?

It's ridiculous to not acknowledge that, let alone ignore it in a post.

Move the goal posts much? What you originally said, you called it sabatoge, not unprofessional. Accusing not 1 but 2 coaches of purposefully losing games is a lot more than just "unprofessional", you are essentially accusing them of committing a crime.

And if you expected Parcells to fulfill his contract, at best it was wishful thinking.

lets just leave this as it really is and we are a team that is drifting out to sea with a huricane aproaching .

IMO, I agree that nobody here is tanking - at least purposely. It's in all their best interests to make themselves as viably attractive to their next employer as possible. Well, maybe everyone except Henning who'd want to impress the caregivers charged with changing his diapers.

I maintain that Parcells left involuntarily, but premptively. Despite Ross's outer benign non-threatening demeanor, nobody gets to become a self-made multi $billionaire by being nice or not holding his people accountabile. My scenario is that Ross informed Parcells that his expectation in spending big bucks for Dansby and Marshall and needing to have a better draft than that brought in White and Turner in the 2nd and 3rd round should be nothing less than the playoffs. At that point to protect his illusionary recent "legacy" as a team-rebuilder, Parcells began underhandedly detaching himself from the White pick and undermining Henne before gutlessly abdicating a few days before the season began. While I agree it was sabotage, it was more for selfish self-preservation than anything more insidious.

2ypj68n-1.jpg

No way to know exactly what was said behind closed doors, but it wouldn't have done Ross any good to humiliate Parcells with a pink slip. IMO, Parcells knew what the litmus test was for this season, and knew they weren't going to hit it, so he left.

That makes him a coward in my book. We didn't hire him to slink off into the night to avoid getting fired. The Tri-****ed-us has done exactly that.

i have a few theories why abraham lincoln waited until he got to the theater to get shot, but you'll have to wait until the book comes out.

Back
Top Bottom