Intro: DC Dolphan | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Intro: DC Dolphan

DC Dolphan

Rookie
Reaction score
I am a 29 year old, life-long Dolphins fan. I grew up in Florida, although different places, as I am the son of a Navy Captain, which would make me a Navy Brat. I’ve lived in Pensacola, Key West and Jacksonville, among other places. My family moved to Northern Virginia in 1996, and I’ve lived here since, also going to college at George Mason University (Go Mason!).

My top 3 memories watching Dolphins Football growing up:

• 3.) 1993 - Dolphins beat San Diego in the playoffs – 31-0 – one of the places my dad was stationed at was San Diego. I did A LOT of trash talking, and my boys came through, that was fun.
  • 2.) 1993 – Dolphins beat Dallas on Thanksgiving Day – 16-14 – We were out of town, so I had to watch it in a lobby, the Cowboys looked like they were going to take it, until Leon Lett…awesome.
  • 1.) 1994 – Dolphins beat NY Jets – fake spike – One of the most gratifying wins I witnessed, Marino is a god.
Like I’m sure most of you are, I’m pretty pissed about the current state of our team. I liked that Jimmy Johnson came in after Shula, I just wished he would have stayed a little longer, our defense was good for 5 or 6 years after he was gone with the guys he drafted. The only thing I didn’t like was that he installed Wannstedt in his place. I attribute the beginnings of our struggles to old Wanny.

I liked Saban at the start, and if he would have stayed, we might have gotten better. I hate Nick Saban, not only because he betrayed us; but because he quit on us, and destroyed our team in the process. He did give us Ronnie Brown, but then he also gave us Jason Allen…

Cam Cameron was an abject failure as a head coach. He was one OT Greg Camarillo slant pass TD away from having the worst season ever. He wasted the # 9 pick on a kick returner, and his hubris let go of a lot of good players on special teams and defense. I hate him.

I’m encouraged by the current regime, I like how they’ve started with the O & D lines, Jake Long was a great pick up. I’m looking forward to the next draft where we can get some more talent at WR and DB’s.

So, if anyone’s in the DC/NoVA area, and wants to get together at a Glory Days, let me know. Thanks!

Welcome to the board. I live in DC too. I usually watch games with a dedicated crew over at Crystal City Sports Pub.

Back
Top Bottom