Ireland 'draft board made up before combine'. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ireland 'draft board made up before combine'.

normaniii

Active Roster
Reaction score
I read an article on Jeff Ireland saying his draft board doesnt really alter during or after combine, as the draftees are 'not playing football'. He has also stated that he 'sticks to his board' regardless. If this is the case who do you see us drafting?

When you consider Tannehill, not because of combine results, has risen recently since the furore of RGIII has been taking out of consideration. I think most would agree he was considered a low 1st round pick, with some having him in 2nd. Melvin Ingram and Michael Floyd, other options people have mentioned are quite similar i.e. risen since combine.

When you look at Ireland's sole draft in charge last year, he did not really risk or reach on any particular player. I would say individually they were selected where their value was merited.

The more I look at the way Ireland handles himself, I just cannot see him picking Tannehill. Much like last year, I think he will try to trade down and if not take the player who will immediately improve us day 1 and who's individual talent merits a pick at #8. I cant see him taking Coples, a player with big upside but also a risky pick due to a so called lack of effort.

I think it is down to 2 players, Riley Reiff & David DeCastro and IMO he edges with DeCastro as the safer pick. I think first 3 rounds he will go:-

1-DeCastro - OG
2-Mohamed Sanu - WR
3a-Brock Osweiler - QB
3b-Markelle Martin - FS

the board should be made up prior to the combine...the combine should reinforce what you see on tape...if it doesn't you need to go back and take another look...thats exactly why i say that a lot of these guys looked better in shorts at the combine than they do on tape...and if you just fall in love with a guy off a workout you're asking for trouble...

tape trumps all...

Back
Top Bottom