Is Gase Being Taken Down By Nepotism? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Gase Being Taken Down By Nepotism?

Nah, Gase is too arrogant for that. I’m sure he pays attention and looks to soak up wisdom wherever he can get it, but he just doesn’t come off as a guy who’d be easy to convince.

Really OP..Nepotism? The offseason is way too long.

Nostradumbass predicts that Gase will not be coaching the fins in 2 more years if he continues to place his faith in former players (Cuntler, Osweiler, Thomas, etc.) and in Vitt.

Dead on Gase has made mistakes these past 2 seasons bringing in his guys, as they have pretty much all failed. Gase has a god like additude that his coaching and judgement is greater than the talent he lets walk and the cripples he has brought in to replace them. This last year shows that pattern. His rookie year we certainly won many of those close games because of his play calling along with Ajayi's running along with some holdover players. How much was Ajayi and Gase plus a little luck is debatle but Ajayi is gone along with the majority of players from that year so its really on Gase to prove he is what he thinks he is this year.

Dead on Gase has made mistakes these past 2 seasons bringing in his guys, as they have pretty much all failed. Gase has a god like additude that his coaching and judgement is greater than the talent he lets walk and the cripples he has brought in to replace them. This last year shows that pattern. His rookie year we certainly won many of those close games because of his play calling along with Ajayi's running along with some holdover players. How much was Ajayi and Gase plus a little luck is debatle but Ajayi is gone along with the majority of players from that year so its really on Gase to prove he is what he thinks he is this year.
Agree. Gase shows tendencies of being a control freak who is unweilding and very set in his ways. This I could handle in a proven veteran coach who has done it before. But not some thirty something kid who hasnt done crap.

Agree. Gase shows tendencies of being a control freak who is unweilding and very set in his ways. This I could handle in a proven veteran coach who has done it before. But not some thirty something kid who hasnt done crap.

Hey, he made Payton Manning!

I'm not calling for his firing, but really, can't you see a change for the worse in his decision-making and the way he hunkers down on certain issues?

What I'm merely contending is that from an attitudinal basis, the major change over the 2016 where the majority of us were happy with him and his thought processes seems to be the hiring of his old school, neer-do-well father in law who might well be putting a bug in his ear about a bunch of questionably-perceived issues including getting rid of Ajayi for disrespect.

I agree. Gase's sticking with what he knows too much. He's completely up Phili, Denver and Chicago's butts. He seemed dynamic when he got here, but I believe the decisions the past two years have been average at best. I'm hoping to see improvement in the team over the next 2-3 years if not start looking to change to front office.

My issue with Gase is that he keeps hiring and signing guys that he is familiar with but haven't worked out a la Julius Thomas, Jay Cutler, as well as a few coaches and now potentially Brock Osweiler. Can Gase not find his own new guys? Ones That actually produce and actually fit. The Josh Sitton signing was so predictable because Gase was familiar with him again in Chicago (although I like that signing).

He reminds me of Philbin so far in this regard. He seems to get "queezy" with some guys too, like Philbin.

Back
Top Bottom