Is Ryan Tannehill Going to Become a Franchise QB? | Part II | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Ryan Tannehill Going to Become a Franchise QB? | Part II

using qbr as the sole bench mark for a qbs performance in a game can be deceiving...

Simply put, Christian Ponder might be one of the 3 worst QBs in the NFL. I'm not even kidding. He lacks the arm, he lacks the progression in his reads, and his footwork is pretty questionable. He's carried by Percy Harvin and AdP. It's not even close.

I enjoy your analysis, so I'm curious. Who are your bottom 5 QB:s and in what order? I'm certainly not convinced he is good enough, but its so hard to tell bad from worse.

To me, Sanchez and Gabbert are the worst two. But where does Ponder rank among the likes of Skelton, Kolb, Quin, Cassel, Vick, and Henne?

Christian Ponder?

Edit: Never mind. This is what I get for following a link.

Great analyses. Every game I watch with RT; even last year I would never dread him making a major mistake. Only time this year I got concerned about him was his long throws that he was missing and when he holds the ball very long and was getting sacked. There were a couple of games he kept missing Wallace and a couple of his throws were off target. But he corrected it in the same game and got going.

Rich Gannon and Phil Simms are positive about RT; lots of respect for both of them. Rich Gannon should have been in the SuperBowl when the Patriots got that ref call. For some reason Marino is holding back his support for RT; but the last couple of weeks he is more enthusiastic.

I am just amazed how people will make all these arguments that Tannehill will become this franchise QB, when its clear our defense played a huge part in our victories.

It's a team game.

All I am saying, lets start these conversations/debates (touchy-feel-good-opinions) at the end of the season.

If we make the playoffs, then your post has some validity, if we finish 8-8 and we miss out, then we'll just have to be patient and wait.

Carson Palmer was supposed to be a franchise QB, Chad Johnson a Hall of Fame receiver.

All these experts said Dan Marino would "win" a Super and would be in several more. (17 years later, it never happened)

Remember that season we had all those former number 1 picks on this team, like Steve Etman and others and Coach Shula was accused of trying to buy a Super Bowl, what happened?

I appreciate your enthusiasm and your creative angle, with only 2 years into Tannehills short career, but I would rather read what Tannehill needs to do to beat this Bills team, tomorrow.

Tannehill wins these next 2 games and your post may have some legitimacy, but until then, its just a wish or a dream.

Time will tell if he develops. Just PLEASE do not use QB rating as way to judge quarterbacks. Remember, Jeff Garcia has a higher QB rating than Marino, Elway, Sonny Jurgensen, Dan Fouts, and several others that are HOF. It's akin to using the Super Bowl argument ina team sport. Folks say "Montana is the best because he won 4 Super Bowls". Then they forget that Bradshaw did the same and Otto Graham and Bart Starr won more than either of them. It's like claiming Trent Dilfer is better than Marino because Dilfer was a champion.

I am just amazed how people will make all these arguments that Tannehill will become this franchise QB, when its clear our defense played a huge part in our victories.

It's a team game.

All I am saying, lets start these conversations/debates (touchy-feel-good-opinions) at the end of the season.

If we make the playoffs, then your post has some validity, if we finish 8-8 and we miss out, then we'll just have to be patient and wait.

Carson Palmer was supposed to be a franchise QB, Chad Johnson a Hall of Fame receiver.

All these experts said Dan Marino would "win" a Super and would be in several more. (17 years later, it never happened)

Remember that season we had all those former number 1 picks on this team, like Steve Etman and others and Coach Shula was accused of trying to buy a Super Bowl, what happened?

I appreciate your enthusiasm and your creative angle, with only 2 years into Tannehills short career, but I would rather read what Tannehill needs to do to beat this Bills team, tomorrow.

Tannehill wins these next 2 games and your post may have some legitimacy, but until then, its just a wish or a dream.

This is what drives me bonkers.

Don't like the "positive vibe" threads? Want something about beating the Bills?

Start your own thread about it, then. It's kinda pointless to crash a thread and say "Hey! Don't talk about *this*...talk about *this*!" We're not going to stop being hopeful about Tannehill just because "the voices of reason" tell us it's too soon.

Time will tell if he develops. Just PLEASE do not use QB rating as way to judge quarterbacks. Remember, Jeff Garcia has a higher QB rating than Marino, Elway, Sonny Jurgensen, Dan Fouts, and several others that are HOF. It's akin to using the Super Bowl argument ina team sport. Folks say "Montana is the best because he won 4 Super Bowls". Then they forget that Bradshaw did the same and Otto Graham and Bart Starr won more than either of them. It's like claiming Trent Dilfer is better than Marino because Dilfer was a champion.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_career.htm

No correlation is perfect. There are always exceptions to the rule.

It's a team game.

I wasn't aware that one of the criterion for being considered a franchise QB was to play without a defense. You seem to think that if any predictions end up being wrong, discussion of the future is pointless. If that is the case, then don't join it. The thread title was obvious, simply move along.....

Back
Top Bottom