Is Spielman's job safe if Wanny is fired? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Spielman's job safe if Wanny is fired?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I see people here suggesting that both Rick and Wanny will be fired if this team implodes this season.. I dont think it would be fair to give Rick the boot after one season as GM..

I think Spielman is safe unless all his personnel moves completely backfire. Can't blame him for Boston's injury, but if Jeno James and AJ Feeley flop, and Travis Minor proves incapable of handling the #1 job, then his seat could be a bit warm.

Ricky and Boston problems have nothing to do with the FO the lack of depth does.
The weak offence is something Rick inherited but if a new coach is hired and he wants personnel control you can say bye bye Rick.
On the other hand Rick may be given full control and hire a coach he can work with.

I hope Rick is scouting coaches...

ROMEO!!!!!!!!!!

The days of coaches with personnel control are over. That was a phenomenon of the early 1990s. In the salary cap era, the coaching and front office responsibilities are too overwhelming for one person.

If this season implodes (as I fear and predict it will), Wannstedt is gone and Wayne puts Spielman on probation. I think Rick gets through 2006 to produce satisfactory results.

Ricky and Boston problems have nothing to do with the FO the lack of depth does.

Yeah, and I suppose we're the only team that has a few positions where we lack depth.

Back
Top Bottom