Is the story of Manti Teo's girlfriend dying a hoax? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is the story of Manti Teo's girlfriend dying a hoax?

If the article is true then that's insane. I'll just wait and see what happens before I decide what to think about it though.

Oh its true, the University have released a statement saying he was a victim of a hoax (lies)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand how Te'o could possibly be innocent in this. Just don't believe it.

Who was he talking to every night over the phone??

So was he conned or did he perpetrate the whole thing? The article is so long I didn't read all of it.

Author is on Le Batard right now.

This Le Batard interview with the guy from Deadspin is very good. Will post link to it here when 790 gets it up on their website.

So was he conned or did he perpetrate the whole thing? The article is so long I didn't read all of it.

Author is on Le Batard right now.

If there's any story you need to fully read it's this one. Going to be the biggest one of the year, no question.

There has already been an update, with Te'o and his family telling Notre Dame that he was "victim" of a hoax. Which is complete bull****, as if you read the article, or know anything about the story from this College season, he said he talked with her all the time and met her more than a few times.

Alot of people are speculating that he might be gay. May be crazy speculation but think about what a Mormon going to Notre Dame would do to cover up maybe a different relationship? I'm not saying I'm sold on it. People are just speculating... But this could go any number of ways. I'm trying to think of a reason why he would create such a lie and I can't think of a reason better than that lol..

What we do know is he was apart of it and him denying it is complete horse****.

This is gonna be such a good 30 for 30 documentary in X number of years.

This has to be one of the weirdest sports stories ever.

Regardless of whether he was in on the hoax (many of the pieces in this story don't add up), or actually got duped for over a year (which looks a lot worse, imo), his draft stock has to take a huge plunge after this story, right? I mean, how the hell do you value a player highly who is dumb/crazy enough to buy-in to such a crazy story?

If there's any story you need to fully read it's this one. Going to be the biggest one of the year, no question.

There has already been an update, with Te'o and his family telling Notre Dame that he was "victim" of a hoax. Which is complete bull****, as if you read the article, or know anything about the story from this College season, he said he talked with her all the time and met her more than a few times.

Alot of people are speculating that he might be gay. May be crazy speculation but think about what a Mormon going to Notre Dame would do to cover up maybe a different relationship? I'm not saying I'm sold on it. People are just speculating... But this could go any number of ways. I'm trying to think of a reason why he would create such a lie and I can't think of a reason better than that lol..

What we do know is he was apart of it and him denying it is complete horse****.

You could be on to something here. If he is gay, he could have used this story to avoid relationships with women and the questions that would come from his lack of involvement with a woman. He couldve simply sold everyone the "the love of my life died and I cant get involved emotionally with a woman again" line whenever anyone questioned why he dosent have a gf or wife.

Back
Top Bottom