Is there any doubt who is best player in the NBA??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is there any doubt who is best player in the NBA???

minus

Perennial All-Pro
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I don't think anyone can put up an argument that D.Wade is not best player in the NBA.WHat makes this guy so especial is that in the playoffs, he elevates his game to another level (Jordan like)...

UF Fin Kat said:
actually it's very easy to make an argument that wade isn't the best player in the NBA.

Really? Please explain....

Wade is amazing, and played on a level that we have probably never seen in this league during the playoffs, simply outstanding. He literally carried that Heat team to victory. IMO I still would take Lebron over him because of size, but I would not disagree with anybody who would say Wade is the best player in the league right now . . he has proved to me to be considered in that argument. My only knock on Wade would be longevity . . for some reason I feel his physical play may cause him injury problems throughout the latter part of his career (As we are slowly seeing him constantly knicked up right now.). I just don't see how a guy his size can maintain his physical nature for an extended period of time without having injury problems . . I mean he is young now, so his body can take it, but 5 years down the line, I just don't know. I also would take Lebron because he is about 3 years younger than Wade as well. Not to take nothing from Duncan and KG and them guys, but if I had to choose any 2 guys to build my franchise around right now . . better believe Wade and Bron top that list.

However I mean of course there is doubt who the best player is . . I mean Wade is not a unanimous decision, but he is definetly a contender.

Wade is not the best player in the game. He is a lock at being a top 5, but he isn't there yet of being a lock for best player.

Kobe or LeBron has that statues right now.

Ace88 said:
Wade is not the best player in the game. He is a lock at being a top 5, but he isn't there yet of being a lock for best player.

Kobe or LeBron has that statues right now.
None of them have that status, but right now Dwyane Wade is on top of the basketball world. When you're talking Wade & LeBron, if you're going to call one of them the best, right now it has to be Wade. He led his team to a Championship, right? He put up one of the best performances in NBA Finals history, right? What has LeBron done so far? Exactly. Kobe never "led" his team to a Championship either; Shaq did. Dwyane Wade worked with the version of Shaq who averaged 14/10 in the Finals. Shaq was always the one to take over in LAL, because he was in his prime. That's why he won all three MVP's, I believe. Also, I think team play has a lot to do with being the best player in basketball. In that case, Wade & LeBron start off games with the sense of involving their teammates, only to take over later on. Kobe is more about himself, whether people want to believe that or not. He showed another side of him in the first four games of the playoffs this year, only to turn away from it in the final three. Dwyane Wade & LeBron James are the definition of unselfish. Like it or not, that means the world in basketball.

If I had to rank them right now going into next season, it'd be:
1. Dwyane Wade
1. LeBron James
3. Kobe Bryant

There is no lock... there are ligitament arguements for 3 players (Wade, Bron, Kobe)...

However, Wade has the strongest arguement right now...

The Blueprint said:
None of them have that status, but right now Dwyane Wade is on top of the basketball world. When you're talking Wade & LeBron, if you're going to call one of them the best, right now it has to be Wade. He led his team to a Championship, right? He put up one of the best performances in NBA Finals history, right? What has LeBron done so far? Exactly. Kobe never "led" his team to a Championship either; Shaq did. Dwyane Wade worked with the version of Shaq who averaged 14/10 in the Finals. Shaq was always the one to take over in LAL, because he was in his prime. That's why he won all three MVP's, I believe. Also, I think team play has a lot to do with being the best player in basketball. In that case, Wade & LeBron start off games with the sense of involving their teammates, only to take over later on. Kobe is more about himself, whether people want to believe that or not. He showed another side of him in the first four games of the playoffs this year, only to turn away from it in the final three. Dwyane Wade & LeBron James are the definition of unselfish. Like it or not, that means the world in basketball.

If I had to rank them right now going into next season, it'd be:
1. Dwyane Wade
1. LeBron James
3. Kobe Bryant

I have my opinion and you have your's.

Hands down I would have picked Kobe and Lebron over Wade during the season.

But if I had to choose between the three on who to take to the playoffs and help my team win, it would be Wade. Wade kind of reminds me of Tom Brady alittle bit. They are both calm under pressure, they don't choke like other superstars and they can lead their team to victory.

There isn't a doubt in my mind that Wade will be a top player, but I am gonna wait another year to determind if he should be the top player in the leauge.

Ace88 said:

But if I had to choose between the three on who to take to the playoffs and help my team win, it would be Wade. Wade kind of reminds me of Tom Brady alittle bit. They are both calm under pressure, they don't choke like other superstars and they can lead their team to victory.

There isn't a doubt in my mind that Wade will be a top player, but I am gonna wait another year to determind if he should be the top player in the leauge.

And that is exactly why I think he is the top player in the league. There is no other player you would want on your team in big situations... and he can lead his team to the promised land...

Ace88 said:

This makes no sense. First off the Tom Brady comparison is like contradicting yourself. I mean Brady never put up the numbers of Peyton Manning, but he is considered by many to be the best player in the league . . why is that?? He gets it done when it counts. Wade is a guy who puts up top numbers and not leads, but carries his team to the championship this year, I mean he put them on his back and forced them to win . . yea he has a nice supporting cast, but Wade is the sole reason the Heat are champions this year. So why woudn't he be the best player right now? Hell I take it back, I think he is the best player in the league right now . . however I still would rather have Bron because of reasons stated earlier. I wasn't this high on Wade before, but what he proved in the playoffs, I mean c'mon, he is a guard that shot almost 70% in the detroit series (detroit having a top defense), u have to give that man some respect.

kobe has 3 rings and had one of the best scoring seasons in a long time this year. how can you just ignore what he's done? ridiculous.

Kdawg954 said:
This makes no sense. First off the Tom Brady comparison is like contradicting yourself. I mean Brady never put up the numbers of Peyton Manning, but he is considered by many to be the best player in the league . . why is that?? He gets it done when it counts. Wade is a guy who puts up top numbers and not leads, but carries his team to the championship this year, I mean he put them on his back and forced them to win . . yea he has a nice supporting cast, but Wade is the sole reason the Heat are champions this year. So why woudn't he be the best player right now? Hell I take it back, I think he is the best player in the league right now . . however I still would rather have Bron because of reasons stated earlier. I wasn't this high on Wade before, but what he proved in the playoffs, I mean c'mon, he is a guard that shot almost 70% in the detroit series (detroit having a top defense), u have to give that man some respect.

I said he kind of reminds me of Tom Brady. I didn't say that he is the Tom Brady of basketball.

Read my whole post next time.

UF Fin Kat said:
kobe has 3 rings and had one of the best scoring seasons in a long time this year. how can you just ignore what he's done? ridiculous.

Ignoring it is stupid... but I still dont think he tops Wade right now...

Ace88 said:

Regardless of the opinion you have, that is a ridiculous post, no offense. What you do in the playoffs is what matters the most. Seriously, you just called Kobe & LeBron better than Wade for what they do in the regular season, only to call Wade a better postseason player. That's crazy. Dwyane Wade could average 30+ PPG if he wanted to, but he's the 110% definition of unselfish. He'd rather see another teammate score 20+. If Dwyane Wade took as many shots as Kobe, he'd have the scoring title. The same can be said for LeBron James.

UF Fin Kat said:
And who led the Lakers to those three rings? Right, Shaquille O'Neal. Without Shaq being in his prime for those three seasons, I highly doubt Kobe has three rings right now, because it would've been "his" team and "his" responsibility to get his teammates involved, something he's not nearly as good as Wade & LBJ at doing. Wade, on the other hand, led his team to the Finals and won it as the leader of the team. This was and is his team. As for the scoring title, sorry, but stats are overrated. If it was a matter of stats, then Allen Iverson would be the best player in the NBA. Look at his points/assists combo numbers, they're incredible. LeBron James & Dwyane Wade do more for their teams. People need to take shooting percentage into form. Dwyane Wade shoots 50%, LeBron James shoots 48%, and Kobe Bryant shoots 45%. If Wade & LeBron took as many shots as Kobe, they'd have more PPG, especially Wade.

Ace88 said:
I said he kind of reminds me of Tom Brady. I didn't say that he is the Tom Brady of basketball.

Read my whole post next time.

I read your entire post, and the impression I got was that u think Wade reminds u of Tom Brady. People have said Tom Brady may be considered the best QB ever to play when is career is over . . not because he puts up Marino breaking stats, because he wins championships. Wade is not gonna average 40 points a game . . could he . . of course, he is more concerned with doing whats best for his team, and showed he can turn it on when he wants to in the playoffs. I will say one thing to help your argument. Alot of people think Shaq is not the same player, I mean he may not get the same numbers, but his presence alone is huge in making Wade the player he is. No other team has to worry about double teaming 2 guys. The Heat have that option. If u leave Shaq alone in the middle he will average 30 a night guaranteed, so Wade has the advantage over Bron in that respect, with Wade also having a much better supporting cast. Kobe to me is definetly top 3, and I wouldn't argue with somebody saying he is the best player, but from what I seen last year and in the playoffs, Wade, right now, is the top player in the league based on performance solely.

Back
Top Bottom