Is This Still Top 5 Offense??

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by KTOWNFINFAN, Oct 8, 2017.

1. KTOWNFINFAN

KTOWNFINFAN Seasoned Veteran

Before the season started I heard a lot of talk about this being a top 5 offense. Is this still possible? Or is Tannehill just that good that we can't get along without him? We are averaging 249 per game, and the pats 419. We have are in week 5 so if we just get 170x5 (850) yards above average we can be there. Any chance we can put up 850 in the 2nd half?

2. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 Smoke 'em Jay Finheaven VIP

The OL is absolutely horrific. Tunsil is playing like ****. Though Cutler has issues he is not the only problem.

3. SkapePhin

SkapePhin Rump Shaker Finheaven VIP Donator

Holy cow I haven't seen offense this inept since John Beck

4. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

Who said this would ever be a top 5 O?

miamiron likes this.
  5. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

OL is bad, QB is bad, Parker is inconsistent and hurt again, and our starting receiving TE is washed up and bad.

Make the QB good instead of bad and the offense still has issues.

6. kingfin23

kingfin23 This is the Year

Tannehill is just that good. He bailed out Gase last year. Gase is on my hot seat cause he won't put in Moore. Means he is coaching with his heart and not the win. Gase you dumb idiot. It's been 10 quarters and our defence is beating our offence 7-6 in 10 quarters. CUTLER IS DONE. Get Moore in immediately you moron

7. Michael Scott

Michael Scott A True Fan

Defense should quit on this team.

8. KTOWNFINFAN

KTOWNFINFAN Seasoned Veteran

Our best chance is to punt on first down so we don't lose so much ground and hope the defense or special teams can score

dolpns13 likes this.
  9. Gsmack_42

Gsmack_42 Well-Known Member

Gase is going to lose the team soon,if he hasn’t already.

AZStryker likes this.
  10. BahamaFinFan78

BahamaFinFan78 A True Fan

You misspelled bottom

joenhre and FinfanInBuffalo like this.
  11. joenhre

joenhre Starter Donator

This will probably turn out to be in the bottom 5 offenses in Dolphins history. Cutler stinks and should have never been signed. The Offensive line has been awful. Too much money is being paid to Pouncey who can no longer play at a high level. Bushrod should have been allowed to retire and replaced. Asiata needs to get some playing time. The rest of the OGs are JAGs who shouldn't be starting in the NFL. Tunsil has not lived up to expectations, that needs to change soon or the team will need to add LT to it's long laundry list of needs going into 2018. Julius Thomas does not belong in the NFL. DeVante Parker has proven that he can't be counted on, leaving a huge ? at WR where the Dolphins have a lot invested. The rest of the skill position players are not playing up to their potential and need to wake the heck up. The only one who shows consistent effort is Jay Ajayi but without a legit passing game teams will just go all out to shut him down. With no threat of a deep passing game and a below average OL, Ajayi is forced to make something out of nothing every time he gets the ball. Adam Gase needs to make some changes immediately to at least try to spark the offense. However until some serious personnel changes are made, this offense is going to continue to struggle. I am not expecting much from them in 2017.

gofins60 likes this.
  12. FinaticalOne

FinaticalOne DieHard FinFan 4 Life

SMH....WOW.....just WOW!

13. russianbear

russianbear FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Cutler is a big problem out there. Gase can try and cover up for his weaknesses, limit the exposure, shorten his leash, whatever....but it isn't working.

He stinks, and Gase's attempt at play-calling his way out of it, instead of letting Cutler do what Cutler does best, isn't working.

14. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

We should have signed Kaepernick, he can make plays with his legs and does not turn the ball over much. The crap line would not have hurt him as bad and he would for the first time in his career have good weapons all around him.

One Love and -=DolfanDave=- like this.
  15. finmann

finmann Pro Bowler

Someone posted this exact thing a couple of weeks ago and I thought it was a load of BS. But now I am not so sure.....you might have a point.

16. finmann

finmann Pro Bowler

I wanted him too...

17. ahmilli

ahmilli Rookie Finheaven VIP

And yet Gase said Sunday he’s not worried about QB play.

18. finmann

finmann Pro Bowler

I don't remember the talk about being a top 5 offense, however, I was one of the few that predicted that we could lead the league in rushing. I usually don't go out on a limb like that and to tell you the truth I knew better, but not in my wildest dreams did I believe that this Oline could be this bad, and we have had bad Olines for over a decade. Add in injuries and assholes snorting coke........you get the point.

19. dolfan91

dolfan91 Starter Donator

After the success of the running game last season, it was a natural, we fans expected a much better and improved overall offense considering the depth at WR, Ajayi running the ball and a decent crop of TE’s. But for some reason, it hasn’t worked. Cutler, Thomas and hell maybe even the Foerster dilemma help take the offense down to new levels of stink!!! The offensive line is weak. Tunsil looks overweight and plays like a NYC Subway Turnstile. Pouncey looks like he’s going through the motions. And whoever plays LG is god aweful. No chemistry leads to no continuity and no offensive flow. To think about the wasted money Gase has put into Cutler and Thomas, when Moore and even Sims were clearly better suited for the offense. I was perplexed at why they let Sims walk, when he was a fantastic blocker. With all the depth at WR, Thomas was not needed. Cutlers short passing and shorting the throw, seems to indicate he may not be healthy. Gase imo is somewhat overrated in terms of OC.

20. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

Yes, absofugginlutely!

That's if the other 31teams are clustered between 1st and 4th

21. VBCheeseGrater

VBCheeseGrater Not Quite A Shredder Finheaven VIP

When tannehill was supposed to be the QB i thought this offense could be very good. Hell even when cutler showed promise in preseason.

But yeah, i believe the correct answer is a resounding "NO".

Still if Gase is correct about the reasons this offense is inept, then it can get better. If hes wrong, then this will get even more miserable.

22. C l u t c H 385

C l u t c H 385 Well-Known Member

I think people were just ridiculously overestimating our skill guys, including Ajayi.

23. jessejames123

jessejames123 Scout Team

Gase knows Cutler isnt getting it done nor going to do anything special this year.

He is just supposed to keep the ship afloat until RT returns.

He is upset the Unit around him looks like trash and the problem is Cutler is making it look even worse haha

With RT back, I do think its a top 10 offense. Id say get him some new Guards and a decent TE for once though.

24. psfign

psfign A True Fan

Keep in mind, if one person says it, then 'everyone on fh' said it.

25. VBCheeseGrater

VBCheeseGrater Not Quite A Shredder Finheaven VIP

Could be, i gotta say i thought we had an excellent group of WRs and RB. I still think Ajayi is good, but right now not looking that way with the WR's. And it wasn't even just fans, national media was aboard as well, e.g Rich Eisen "Cutler's best weapons ever".... i know what's changed since last year and it's not the WRs.

26. where's th'fish

where's th'fish Scout Team Donator

Here's the thing, we haven't been a top 5 offense since Marino. Any talk about us being a top five offense, Tannehill or not, is just that, talk, until we actually prove it on the field

27. Mazinator1027

Mazinator1027 Da Man

I think we're a top 10 offense and 4-0 with Tannehill

28. Lilseb93

Lilseb93 This Is My House

On paper there were reasons to be excited. I didn't think the O-line was great, but I expected it to be much better than it has been. I didn't expect the QB play to be this bad even with Cutler. I didn't expect the WRs to drop as many passes as they have. I didn't expect much from Thomas though.

29. AdamC13

AdamC13 Awe "Tight End" my favorite position!

Cutler is horrible. This offense never was a top 5 offense since Marino played. Considering Moore came in and outplayed Tannehill last year the Tannehill argument doesn't hold up.

Lot's of options this off season to improve the QB situation giving Miami the best hope of becoming a top 10 offense. Tannehill isn't one of those if Miami's goal is top 10 let alone top 5.

30. SF Dolphin Fan

SF Dolphin Fan Seasoned Veteran

I thought this could be a top 10 offense. There's talent at the skill positions with Landry, Ajayi, Parker and Stills. I still think Grant could provide some big plays.

I was never a big fan of Cutler, but his season with Gase in Chicago offered hope.

My assumptions were that Tunsil would be even better at his natural left tackle position and that Asiata would give the line a physical presence. I was hopeful that James would play like he did in the second half of last season and that Pouncey would stay healthy.

James has played well, Tunsil has disappointed, Asiata hasn't earned that starting nod yet. The offensive line, as a whole, has been pretty bad and, unfortunately, that is really holding this team back. Obviously, Miami is nowhere near a top 5 offense. Right now, it's bottom 5.

31. tay0365

tay0365 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

With a healthy Tannehill, and better Guards, yes, I believe it is a top 5 offense, but with unreliable guards, and one of the most unpredictable QBs possible...not even close to top 5.

32. TheWozz

TheWozz FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

We are clearly a Top 5 Offense.....

In the AFC East...

33. gofins60

gofins60 A True Fan

The answer to every "why did they..." question is Tannenbaum and Gase don't know what they're doing.

34. fansinceGWilson

fansinceGWilson FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Agreed. I don't know how many here expected a "top 5" O, but I suspect most here expected an O that could score significantly more points than last year and expected a top 10 rushing O. Personally, I'm not sure how much better MM is than Cutler, but the team needs a spark, a change, . . . SOMETHING to get the O out of it's apparent lethargy. To be fair, the OL is abysmal (I'd like someone to give a rating of each OLman), and play-calling has been Philbin-esque (no, he wasn't an OC). At the current rate, the D will start to deteriorate as the season progresses, just because they run out of gas. For now, I'd take middle-of-the-pack O.