It all falls back on our O-Line | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It all falls back on our O-Line

Lukin

Colbert '08
Reaction score
Regardless of how good our Defense is or how good our QB and WR's are, the only thing that matters is whether or not our O-Line as actually improved. And only time will tell that. It really doesn't matter who your back is, it's all on the O-Line. I truly believe that Ricky leaving us will not matter in the slightest. If our line is really that much better, they should be able to propel Minor to success. If not, it wouldn't have mattered anyway because Ricky wouldn't had another 3.4 ypc year. So, we should quit worrying about who's gonna replace ricky and worry about how good our o-line is.

Personally, I'm a little worried that we're way to young and inexperienced up front and will take some time to even be an AVERAGE line. Hopefully i'm wrong though.

Hopefully training camp and the preseason will give them enough time to get used to each other and hopefully we will end up with a good o-line, which i think will happen

As for your sig.....
:band: :rockon:

This has been the issue the whole off season for us..is the OL NFL ready..It's never been about any other part of our O..QB included. Our OL is the difference in this season for us. With Minor at least we have someone who knows the O and that's a plus.

I think that they all want to prove thems selves as nlf players. that wade smith wants too stop freeny from the colts, that jeno saw the ring but lost it, that seth wants too win too stuff in rickys face, carey wants too prove himself, and the other guy, why wouldnt he want it? they are all hungry.

I couldn't agree more. If our o-line plays the way I think they will (above average) Then I really hope people take us for granite(sp) so we can knock them on there A$$! This 0-line will be alot more physcial IMO then the last few years which should help out our RB's big time. Also it should take alot of pressure of our QB(I HOPE IT"S AJ). Now that all our picks are signed let's go with what we have and :cooldude: And sign OGUN and CC!!

There has always been a missing piece comming into a Miami or any teams camp. This year it is a Proven Rb. We have allot of questions that is not a doubt. The one thing for sure is,change was asked for and at many positions it was granted. The team concept is the biggest need this team has now. They need to play hungry,play for respect,and most of all play for eachother. They do that and give it all they have,I will be proud of them.

dolfanreal69 said:
There has always been a missing piece comming into a Miami or any teams camp. This year it is a Proven Rb. We have allot of questions that is not a doubt. The one thing for sure is,change was asked for and at many positions it was granted. The team concept is the biggest need this team has now. They need to play hungry,play for respect,and most of all play for eachother. They do that and give it all they have,I will be proud of them.

Well said, and I think this Ricky thing will unite them in a way that probably wouldn't have happen before...They defintely have to have a clip on their shoulders with everyone doubting them because one player won't be there.

I agree I think this is what they needed to get going. The OL knows that they are probably the biggest ?. I think they will be hungry to come out and prove they can play.

Smith, James, McKinney, Jerman, Carey. These are the guys I think will wind up starting. My prediction is that they bond togeather during TC and prove a lot of people wrong. Much like the OL two years ago.

I have to agree, if the OL needed something to gel , this RW bull do the trick. With him calling them out in the media for being able to block and then him getting hit and forcing him to walk way because he didn't want the beating anymore. What better motivation would there be than to pick it up a notch and show everyone that they deserve to be in the NFL and that it wasn't only the line last year. I bet we see a much improved line from last year.

This whole team was forced to rely on Ricky WAY TOO MUCH and I really think that they are going to be looking to mix things up a lot and try to show case some new plays and get some big plays out people that haven't had a chance to show what they could do in the past.

If the offense is really going to show a 3 receiver set that will be awesome, I also like the fact that no one else will have any clue on how to prepare for Miami due to RW being gone. Every other Defensive Cord. that Miami plays job just got a hell of a lot harder.

Lukin said:
Regardless of how good our Defense is or how good our QB and WR's are, the only thing that matters is whether or not our O-Line as actually improved. And only time will tell that. It really doesn't matter who your back is, it's all on the O-Line. I truly believe that Ricky leaving us will not matter in the slightest. If our line is really that much better, they should be able to propel Minor to success. If not, it wouldn't have mattered anyway because Ricky wouldn't had another 3.4 ypc year. So, we should quit worrying about who's gonna replace ricky and worry about how good our o-line is.

Personally, I'm a little worried that we're way to young and inexperienced up front and will take some time to even be an AVERAGE line. Hopefully i'm wrong though.
I agree with what your saying about how this will in the end all fall on the O-Line. But i strongly diagree with the bold print. Saying its ALL about the O-Line is not a fair statement. just look at San Diego, its clearly the opposite, and LT makes up for his O-Line. Theres a reason when teams get a star RB, they hold on, its becuz there so hard to come bye.

How do u kno Rickys success would match Travis Minors? Im willing to bet that year Ricky got 1800+ yards, Minor wouldnt of done the same. An effective running game needs a good RB and O-Line, not just one. But i dont kno how many bad RB's succeed behing a good O-Line. But i kno there r some RB's who do well even behind a crappy line(like LT).

I agree if Wade Smith has a season like last year we are screwed. Even though i know alot of you think he is so talented and will improve i a skeptical. I think he single handly cost us games last year on a couple occasions

Back
Top Bottom