Its Henne Now Or Never | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Its Henne Now Or Never

zodiak

Starter
Reaction score
Dolfans

This post is basically to state the obvious, in my opinion the dolphins will know after this season if Chad Henne is the QB of this team or not!

Lets face it the future is now for Henne & the phins, sure expectations where high with Pennington however even though most felt that at the end of Penningtons contract the phins where going in a different direction.

So here we stand 3 games into the 09 season a team sitting at 0-3 and chad henne gets the starting job,ok a trade for tyler thigpen has some curious but make no mistake about this Jeff Ireland,Tony Sparano & Bill Parcells through every move made by them has said that Henne would be the future qb(oh waite pat white in rnd 2 well you can believe what you want but he was drafted for the wild cat---and since he has only played a couple snaps in wild cat and now we are seeing NO!! qb in some wc formations I think the implied answer is failure) and again the future is now.

So what are realistic expectations for Henne here is where some will ridicule me I firmly believe Henne must win or this is a wasted draft pick,the immediate history of the league has shown that young QB's play well or they dont the old myth of 5years developing is out the door,lets look at several young qb's and what this means for Henne.

Elli Manning,Phillip Rivers & Ben Rothlisberger all #1 draft picks but all started early (rivers did sit in year 1) and all 3 considered cornerstones of their franchises with BTW 3 superbowl titles.
Lets look at 08 qb's Matt Ryan & Joe Flacco both started as rookies both led their team to playoff games so no learning curve there.
Now look at 09 and the expectations dont get any easier for Henne,
Matthew Stafford & Mark Sanchez 6 game starts and 4 wins, so again no breaks.

Henne must win and show he is a starting calibur qb, if not its square one all over again.

If given the full 13 remaing games Henne has to show he is the future qb, btw a guy named marino proved in his rookie year your never to young to play either you can or you cant....for Henne and Miami I hope its now for Chad Henne

give he guy some time!!! Eli Manning was not a instant sucess, neither was Drew Brees.. Give him this year (unless he is GOD awful) and next year before you start drafting QBs on the 1st round....I think that he can be a top 10 QB in this league if he has the right weapons around him..

Henne must win and show he is a starting calibur qb, if not its square one all over again.

I agree. This is Henne's chance to show his QB skills, and if he doesn't prove to be a capable starter heading into the future, we need to make plans on finding someone else in my opinion. I'm not very optimistic in his chances of making believers out of us, but time will tell I guess...

~BK~

Back
Top Bottom