"Its not a sin if we punt the football!" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Its not a sin if we punt the football!"

C'mon crunch....you know what he was talking about.

It was a direct quote about feeley and how he wants him to undertsand that he doesn't have to force plays to happen.

I believe that's the whole point of spending 3/4 of our cap on defense.

He is right, it is not a sin to punt the football. However 3 and outs are a sin

I think he's just trying to reinforce the idea that you take what the defense gives you (or what your recievers give your "O") and not force the ball someplace where it shouldn't go, just because its 3rd down.

Punting IS ok...better than an INT, anyway.

I think what Dave was saying to Feeley is this....

It's better to throw an incomplete pass on 3rd down and punt, than force a throw risking an easy INT. He's right, and had Feeley thron the ball away Saturday, that could have been a whole different ball game....

PHINZ RULE!!! :fire:

inFINSible said:
C'mon crunch....you know what he was talking about.

It was a direct quote about feeley and how he wants him to undertsand that he doesn't have to force plays to happen.

I believe that's the whole point of spending 3/4 of our cap on defense.
Thats the trouble with these Finheaven vets.They have heard it all and recognize BS when they see it.:roflmao:

It is a sin when were 4th and 1 down by 7 and we're moving the ball to nr midfield and the coach Loses his bottle!!! :shakeno: Wanny will soon be leaving the building!!! :eek:

Man, I want a coach who DOES see punting as a sin. I mean, what happened to the days when offenses would attack a D's weakness and not be content to "take what the D gives you"? Oh wait, those days are NOW...just not w/ my beloved 'Phins.

punting might not be a sin... but "punt" is a 4 letter word.

Back
Top Bottom