It's official: (backup to) Ahman Green is indeed available | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's official: (backup to) Ahman Green is indeed available

enigmatics

Go get me a juice box!
Reaction score
Pro Sports Daily said:
NFL Rumors
Wanted: star RB
July 27
Miami Herald (registration required): "The Dolphins spent part of Monday contacting teams around the NFL, deliberately gauging the availability of running backs to replace Williams. The team called the Green Bay Packers and inquired about former University of Miami standout Najeh Davenport. A Green Bay source told The Wisconsin State Journal the Packers are willing to listen to trade overtures for the backup to Ahman Green... The Packers also would consider a Dolphins offer that would include unsigned defensive end Adewale Ogunleye, although all indications Monday were that Miami has no current plans to deal Ogunleye."

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/nfl/nflrumors.html

This is excellent news IMO. I'd do this trade in a heart beat. Ahman Green put up the same #'s this past year as Ricky did in 2002.......only 7 years experience......... fumbling problems controlled after being given entirely new arm pads to wear and taught to hold the ball different.

1,883 Rushing Yards (5.3 ypc, 15 TD's)
367 Recieving Yards (50 receptions, 5 TD's)

Ahman Green - come'on down!!!!!!!!!! Bye bye Ogun.........

The y said Ahman Green back-up not Ahman Green come on guy.........

That says nothing about ahman green...unless you left that portion out...it just says "the backup to ahman green"

I was one of the people that wanted the fins to trade OGUN before the draft for at least a 1st rounder. In fact, I was a little dissappointed that we didn't for the simple fact that you have to make tough decisions in football and this was one of them. Not to mention I didn't feel we could afford him. Now that Ricky's done, we need him now more than ever. Although we need more quality depth at RB, the D will need to step up even bigger this year and that includes Wale. I say pay him the money with what we get back from Ricky and stay patient until the right deal comes along for a RB. I don't think we need a star RB, we need someone to supplement Minor and carry the ball 7-12 times a game.

BlueFin said:
Davenport is a hoss, he could be huge as the workhorse.

:yes:

But, from what I've heard from my neighbor's sister's daughter's best friend's mother-in-law's dog is that Green Bay's opening considerations for ND was a 2nd or 3rd conditional pick possibly escalating to a 1st. No mention of Ogun.

ND is a great young back. But, I'm still kinda leary of trading anything at this point.

AT THIS POINT, my conviction and patience tells me to:
1) Save draft picks
2) Sign Ogun QUICKLY to a long term deal
3) Sign CC QUICKLY to a long term deal
4) Go after the durable Stacy Mack IMMEDIATELY for CHEAP $$$$
5) POSSIBLY bring in James Stewart OR Robert Edwards into the mix (warm bodies to consider for depth or starters)
6) Wait and see who hits the waiver wire
7) File a claim against Ricky for $8M (nice signing bonus money for a team player such as Ogun or CC)
8) BE PATIENT
9) DRINK HEAVILY
10) Prepare for a year without Ricky and wait for one of our Backs to step up
11) End the season with all of our current picks in tact
12) Begin a new offseason with plenty of cap room and picks to address the future

JMO

One last comment: IF we handle this situation correctly with swift AND definite action, we would inadvertently give Boston the motivation to right his own ship. He might see that we will not allow players to plan the team's agenda. And, he might connect with that inner child that sent him to the Pro Bowl a few years ago.

Just a Thought.

I think we should wait til next year and just get Mack and see what our youngins can do. surprise the world and then next year get Edge or Henry. I think this is the best thing we can do. You dont want to give up Ogun and if we sign him in the next few days, that story is over.

I say sign Chambers, Ogun, and get a RB that is free of contract like Mack and run with it. Patience is a virtue my friends. Let the free agents come next year when we have time to make a smart move. I think, based on what i am hearing from spielman, that he is doing the right thing. Dont give up too much just becuase your in a spot. Camp can iron some things out here IMO. The bad stories you are reading are just feeding on all the negatives. We dont really know how discombobled this offense will be 6 weeks from now and it doesnt matter who you bring in, they will be a part of that dicombobbledness anyways if there truly is. I would say this year is a bit of a wash unless the players decide to do something great this year. Otherwise, next year will look totally different in Miami.

NathanHunt said:
:yes:

But, from what I've heard from my neighbor's sister's daughter's best friend's mother-in-law's dog is that Green Bay's opening considerations for ND was a 2nd or 3rd conditional pick possibly escalating to a 1st. No mention of Ogun.

ND is a great young back. But, I'm still kinda leary of trading anything at this point.

1) Save draft picks
5) POSSIBLY bring in James Stewart OR Robert Edwards into the mix (warm bodies to consider for depth or starters)
7) File a claim against Ricky for $8M (nice signing bonus money for a team player such as Ogun or CC)
8) BE PATIENT
9) DRINK HEAVILY
12) Begin a new offseason with plenty of cap room and picks to address the future

JMO

Good post nathanhunt. I agree, especially with the drinking part. i put my two cents in above.

;) Davenport Would be a great pickup. Just lock all your closets. Beware of POOP. :tongue:

BillsWinSuprBol said:
;) Davenport Would be a great pickup. Just lock all your closets. Beware of POOP. :tongue:

*HIDES* :yikes:

NathanHunt said:
1) Save draft picks
8) BE PATIENT
9) DRINK HEAVILY

JMO

Good Post
I agree 110% with this

Green Bay's Vice President of Football Operations was found dead yesterday (Tuesday). Miami might have been talking on Monday, but I don't see GB making in trades in the wake of this terrible death. At least not anytime soon!

Back
Top Bottom