It's official: (backup to) Ahman Green is indeed available | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's official: (backup to) Ahman Green is indeed available

If we traded a 3rd to GB for the 2005 draft that would escalate to a 1st if he broke, say, 1,200 yards.....I would be OK with that. We will probably spend a 1st on a RB next year anyways. Its similar to the logic of when we traded a 1st for Ricky.

NathanHunt said:
:yes:

But, from what I've heard from my neighbor's sister's daughter's best friend's mother-in-law's dog is that Green Bay's opening considerations for ND was a 2nd or 3rd conditional pick possibly escalating to a 1st. No mention of Ogun.

ND is a great young back. But, I'm still kinda leary of trading anything at this point.

AT THIS POINT, my conviction and patience tells me to:
1) Save draft picks
2) Sign Ogun QUICKLY to a long term deal
3) Sign CC QUICKLY to a long term deal
4) Go after the durable Stacy Mack IMMEDIATELY for CHEAP $$$$
5) POSSIBLY bring in James Stewart OR Robert Edwards into the mix (warm bodies to consider for depth or starters)
6) Wait and see who hits the waiver wire
7) File a claim against Ricky for $8M (nice signing bonus money for a team player such as Ogun or CC)
8) BE PATIENT
9) DRINK HEAVILY
10) Prepare for a year without Ricky and wait for one of our Backs to step up
11) End the season with all of our current picks in tact
12) Begin a new offseason with plenty of cap room and picks to address the future

JMO

Could not agree more!!!

If GB would part with Ahman Green (say for Ogunleye straight up) I'd do it. GB may think that they can go with Davenport now and save some money that would have gone to Green in the form of an extension.

Then we sign Green to that extension and Ricky's departure has really cost us Ogunleye.

Outside of that scenario, I'm for locking up Ogun and Chambers long term and letting Minor and Henry battle it out in camp. You definitely have to pick up the veteran (Mack or Stewart), for depth. Don't count out Henry. He averaged 9.1 yards per carry his senior year at ECU and any time he's been put into the game he's performed well. A big back that can pound.

I've been doing #9 since Saturday.
I agree with you, also should 13)develop an offence around the talent available.
14)Coach for goodness sake.

I wouldn't make this trade. Davenport isn't really better than what we have on our roster right now. He may be better but not much better as to over pay for him with O-Gun. He has had SOME success in GB because 1. he is playing behind Ahman Green, 2. He is playing behind Favre.

I wouldnt mind getting him but not for O-Gun, I say keep O-Gun and lets give Travis a chance!!

Back
Top Bottom