Its official Kyle Pitts is greatest TE prospect | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Its official Kyle Pitts is greatest TE prospect

I was being fasicious since everyone has such a hard on for him as a prospect.

And I'm waiting for others to throw some names at me of other TEs that were top 10/15 picks so they can realize how those guys never lived up to the "new age of TEs".

Well, he could be. Not in terms of blocking, but on the receiving side. Extremely talented.

Jimmy Graham, Vernon Davis, Alge Crumpler, Shannon Sharpe were some very athletic TE's.

Pitts, IMO should stop being viewed as a TE. He's not.

Bottom line to me is, if you throw him into a "receiver" category he's top 3 or 4. If you'd trade back and take him at 6 or 7, then take him at 3 and don't look back.

Jimmy Graham, Vernon Davis, Alge Crumpler, Shannon Sharpe were some very athletic TE's.

Bottom line to me is, if you throw him into a "receiver" category he's top 3 or 4. If you'd trade back and take him at 6 or 7, then take him at 3 and don't look back.
I agree with your post, but if he is the 4th WR I would not take him at 6 or 7. Pitts, to me at least, is the guy you take once Smith, Waddle and Chase are off the board. I just don’t see him as a guy who will have a smooth transition to the NFL as a TE.

Not sure I'd label him, just call him a matchup nightmare. He's not much of a blocker as a tight end, but he does give good effort. In that sense, he could improve as a blocker.

That said, why would you want Pitts to block? On occasion sure, but not with his talent as a wide receiver.

Pitts is an outstanding prospect and is going to be a match up nightmare in the NFL.

But he really is more a big WR than a TE.

If you are trying to add a pass catching weapon to your offense he should be in the mix with Chase and Smith and ahead of Waddle.

Pitts is an outstanding prospect and is going to be a match up nightmare in the NFL.

But he really is more a big WR than a TE.

If you are trying to add a pass catching weapon to your offense he should be in the mix with Chase and Smith and ahead of Waddle.
Agree

I love pitts, I created a thread about him. I want him at 3 but Miami doesn’t have the balls to draft him at 3. So give me smith and I’ll be happy.

Pitts is a baller but he’s not officially the most athletic TE of all time until he beats Vernon Davis’ combine numbers

6’3
254lbs
4.38 40yard dash
42” vertical jump
10’8” broad jump
33 reps x225

That’s one of if not the most beastly combines any one has ever put together. Dude was an absolute freak.

This is a complete explosive tight end prospect, his blocking is good ( I don’t trust sources that say he can’t block or that he’s one dimensional) his pass catching talent is excellent, his size is excellent, speed is there, agility is there to run routes, cutting ability, stop and start dynamics..

blue chip prospect In any draft.

Not a chance I‘d champion selecting Pitts over Smith, Chase or Waddle. None.

And I happen to really like Kyle Pitts A LOT. I’d love to see MIA go all in and find a way to get one of the three elite WR prospects AND Pitts. I’d be ecstatic.

But if I gotta settle for one, Pitts is at the bottom of my list among the 4.

I wouldn’t take Travis Kelce over Tyreek Hill or DK Metcalf or Devante Adams. And Kelce has been the top TE, along with Kittle, in the game for many years now.

And if Pitts is truly a BIG WR rather than a TE, then it further strengthens my belief on this.

Back
Top Bottom