its that time again where do u think were goin with the draft picks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

its that time again where do u think were goin with the draft picks

cyesae

Active Roster
Reaction score
where do u think parcells will go with these picks conservative or go for the crazy picks and what positions u think he is looking for

in honor of our 9-5 record,

i don't think it is

I'll tell you why- while that win(as is any win) was great, it was a difficult game to watch. That defense today came up big repeatedly deep in their own territory. This team has big holes and is doing enough to win but needs a lot of help.
Plus, it's ALWAYS OK to talk draft and talk about making our team better.
We definitely need:
1)receivers - take pressure off running game, playmakers; Bess and Camarillo are the only WR's at this point who are consistent playmakers. Today Ginn dropped(third game now) a key reception for a 1st down.
2)O-line - depth and competition. How bad is Smiley's injury? How good is Donald Thomas really? What do we do with Carey?
Defense:
1)Speed rushers- we've got to get more pressure, make it easier for Porter, and when he's doubled, bring in someone who can make sacks across from him
2)secondary - Keep Bell, Will Allen; Goodman has been playing well, but he's 29 and a free agent; Renaldo Hill is also a FA I believe; secondary for the future, for depth, for competition
3)NG- for down the road, 2-3 years, when's Ferguson can't hold up anymore
Just bring in playmakers at any other best available position. RB, TE, DL; just stack the defense, stack playmakers

You never know if some guys might slide down to us but I would go:

1. CB
2. LB
2. WR
3. BPA

You never know if some guys might slide down to us but I would go:

1. CB
2. LB
2. WR
3. BPA
considering that we're going to probably be picking in the 20s...will there be a CB worth picking with our 1st rd pick? i think we'll probably be picking LB and OLB at that...

considering that we're going to probably be picking in the 20s...will there be a CB worth picking with our 1st rd pick? i think we'll probably be picking LB and OLB at that...

That's true....there probably are only two or three CB's who would be first rounders, so unless they drop to us it might be best to take one in round two. I like Macho Harris of Va Tech as he can also run back kicks/punts...something we can use as Ginn/Bess probably should only be used as Wide Receivers.

I think we'll try for Secondary, LBs and probably the O-line in this draft.

Parcells doesn't draft WRs.

Plenty of directions we could go so the best thing that we'll do is let the draft come to us. Meaning if any top notch players fall to us we'll pounce on them like JP on a QB.

I believe the priority will be MLB, DT, OL, DB. I don't think you'll see any RBs drafted like last time. I also don't think a WR is going to be drafted until the later rounds.

I think the draft is 5 months away and guru draft boards will change like 50 times from now till after the combines and all. Way too early for me to be guessing about that at this point.

But if I had to take a guess...I'd say Parcells and company would like to put more pressure on opposing Qb's.

Id Like to see us take a corner. seems like whenever there is a 3rd and 8 or more.. any team in the league can pass on us.. i think Macho Harris will be the best corner available.. and im kinda hoping we pick him.. he lives like 2 minutes away from me!:up:

I dont see the Fins taking anyone in the secondary with the first pick. The emergence of Goodman (if re-signed) means picking a CB in the 1st is'nt a smart move. Free safety I could understand considering Hill is not that great, but if Mays or Moore are off the board at this stage I'd wait till the 2nd.

NT I think is where we go because I see all 5 top DT's going from the late 1st to the top 15 in the 2nd round. I would love Cody because he is a beast, but he could be gone before we pick, which then leaves Jerry, Marks or Raji. Personally I would prefer a NT to be in the 325 +, but when you look at someone like Ratliff at Dallas, who is only 300lbs and Ferguson only 305lbs, Marks or Jerry could still be an option for the FO.

Back
Top Bottom