Its the Jets turn to dominate the decade | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Its the Jets turn to dominate the decade

Holmes, Edwards, adn Cromartie won't be there next year, so no point in bringing them up. Our team is the 2nd youngest in the league, so our core is even younger than yours is.

all 3? yeah probably not. but at least 2 out of 3.

One of them may not be there. They'll keep at least 2 of them. Me thinks that's some wishful thinkin' on your part

Wishful thinking is correct, on your part. They'll be lucky to keep one of them after paying Harris, and you know Keller isn't going to be playing for what he's getting paid much longer. And thinking any one of them is going to take less money is rather ridiculous.

Wishful thinking is correct, on your part. They'll be lucky to keep one of them after paying Harris, and you know Keller isn't going to be playing for what he's getting paid much longer. And thinking any one of them is going to take less money is rather ridiculous.

They will definitely at least keep one of the receivers, most likely 2, and after recent events maybe even all 3 of the guys you mentioned.

Tannenbaum is a cap genius and will do what is necessary to keep our top talent there.

Kris Jenkins will either retire or come back at a reduced contract, that will save some money from the cap.

Ducasse is developing and good replace Damien Woody as well.

It's really wishful thinking to think we will not keep any of them, we are guaranteed to keep at LEAST 1 receiver and probably Cromartie too.

So basically ... you're saying that we're loaded on both sides of the ball ... and you're right.
I'll take my chances at the Superbowl this year and worry about next year when it comes.
We have one of the most talented teams in the league.
That's really all I care about right now.

There is no question in my mind that the Jets are going to be real contenders as long as Sanchez is playing at the level he is now. I'm not going to lie, it disgusts me to say that this team has a real shot at the Super Bowl.

Its funny that this thread was started by a Bills cause they are the complete opposite

EDIT: Let me fix what I said, Its funny that this thread was started by a Bills fan cause they could say the same thing about any team compared to theirs

Maybe. Dynasties are usually built on either a great coaching staff, good management, or an all-time QB w/ a good HC. Right now the Jets may have good management, if they can keep the team together for more than this year then it's a sign of great things to come. If Sanchez develops at the pace he is now the management doesn't have to be as good and they can have more movable parts around him, less pressure on the management to keep players.

One of Holmes/Edwards will be retained. There's no way they both walk.
Cromartie will probably walk provided Wilson steps up.

The Jets would be fools to let Edwards go. Edwards could get arrested for another DUI tomorrow and the Jets still wouldnt let him go. He is vital part of that offense.

yes but only in night games against us.

these Jets may be the best team we play this year but they won't sniff the history books this year in any way, shape or form.

through the first quarter of the season, one thing is certain. The Jets are perhaps the most balanced team in the NFL. They can play all three phases of the game very well, offense, defense and special teams. And on offense they are balanced between run and pass. If Sanchez keeps playing the way he is playing and the defense gets its new guys to integrate into the system quicker, I don't see ANY weaknesses on this team. I challenge anyone to point out a single hole on this team.

through the first quarter of the season, one thing is certain. The Jets are perhaps the most balanced team in the NFL. They can play all three phases of the game very well, offense, defense and special teams. And on offense they are balanced between run and pass. If Sanchez keeps playing the way he is playing and the defense gets its new guys to integrate into the system quicker, I don't see ANY weaknesses on this team. I challenge anyone to point out a single hole on this team.
If Revis's hamstring dosen't get better than the cornerback situation could pose a problem because apparently it is too hard for Kyle Wilson to turn his damn head to see if the ball is coming or not.

The Jets are certainly playing some impressive football (so far). A LOT can happen through out an NFL season. Remember that year not too long ago when the Jets had Favre? After they dominated Titans, a lot of people were saying this was the Jets year...then they lose 4 out of their last 5 and miss the playoffs.

True. But Eric Mangini was a horrible, awful head coach. His track record didn't suggest at all that the Jets were Super Bowl bound. Never mind the drama down the stretch as Favre refused to sit out with a torn bicep.

Last year, the Jets went to the AFC Title game, and appear to be building on that success. And heading into week 5, Darrelle Revis, Calvin Pace and Santonio Holmes are all re-joining the team.

There's no denying all the pieces are in place for a great run.

EDIT: Let me fix what I said, Its funny that this thread was started by a Bills fan cause they could say the same thing about any team compared to theirs

Yet he chose to say it about the Jets.

The woof will visit you in Toronto when they move the Bills and mark his territory. The Jets defense is woof-less, just bunch of guys running around making tackles ang getting turnovers. Not the Woof. Woof is hungry and thats all you need to know. aaawoooooooooooooooooooooo

Back
Top Bottom