J2O / J Squared - The Jay(s) Train Bandwagon Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

J2O / J Squared - The Jay(s) Train Bandwagon Thread

So does Jay start all preseason games to get warmed up for season?

So does Jay start all preseason games to get warmed up for season?

We won't see him Thursday. Too soon and starters don't normally play much, if at all, in week 1.

We could see him for an early series in week 2 and based on those results see if you push it more. Wouldn't expect much though.

Week 3 he'll see his most action. I'm reluctant to say a half and first drive of the third . . . but atleast a full quarter and maybe the entire half if things are going well enough.

Week 4 . . . nothing.

The biggest thing for me is that we're not going to have to waste these incredible weapons we have on offense. Landry, Stills, Parker, Ajai, Drake, Williams, Thomas and Fasano. That's a lot of firepower. We needed a guy who can get the ball into their hands - and in this specific regard, Jay Cutler fits the bill. Now, you let Tannehill repair the knee and then he comes back full strength in 2018. If Jay ends up having a superb season, then you've got a great competition at the most important position on your team. I also think it would have been crazy to stick with Moore and a game manager. I like Moore, but as our emergency/stop gap QB. He's (Moore) not going to last a full 16 games. Better to keep him in that role - 1st in back up if the starter (Now Jay) is out for a couple of games.

I feel much better about the season right now, and perhaps most importantly, Tannehill can get the surgery he needs to fix his knee. He's the long term future IMHO. Get healthy and come back stronger than ever.

The biggest thing for me is that we're not going to have to waste these incredible weapons we have on offense. Landry, Stills, Parker, Ajai, Drake, Williams, Thomas and Fasano. That's a lot of firepower. We needed a guy who can get the ball into their hands - and in this specific regard, Jay Cutler fits the bill. Now, you let Tannehill repair the knee and then he comes back full strength in 2018. If Jay ends up having a superb season, then you've got a great competition at the most important position on your team. I also think it would have been crazy to stick with Moore and a game manager. I like Moore, but as our emergency/stop gap QB. He's (Moore) not going to last a full 16 games. Better to keep him in that role - 1st in back up if the starter (Now Jay) is out for a couple of games.

I feel much better about the season right now, and perhaps most importantly, Tannehill can get the surgery he needs to fix his knee. He's the long term future IMHO. Get healthy and come back stronger than ever.

If Jay has an unbelieveable season and we win a playoff game or more. . . . if I'm gonna be honest, you'd almost have to see if you can resign him and try to trade Tannehill because there is no way you can keep 2 QB contracts of that nature on your cap and there is no way you can risk going back to Tannehill coming off missing an entire season.

Hypothetical of course but I don't believe we'll ever see a Ryan Tannehill vs. Jay Cutler competition in a Dolphins training camp.

Completely agree about our offensive weapons being the biggest reason we went after a passer like Jay Cutler.

In a Baseball analogy, Moore is more like a closer rather than an early or middle relief pitcher. You can't go into a season with just Moore, he gets banged up very easily. The dilemma was add a backup for Moore or bring in a starter. Cutler was a perfect fit at the exact right time. Gase can coach, Cutler can Q.B. and Ajayi can hammer the rock. The team took lemons and did the best they could for the team and the fans.

Let's hope that Jay Jay is....

giphy.gif

A little off topic, but I love the respect that Adam Gase gets around the league.

Back
Top Bottom