Jake Fromm | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Fromm

FWIW, preliminary findings on Jake Fromm's velocity are promising.

Right away I've got 53 mph readouts on a 72 foot throw, a 43 mph readout on a 144 foot throw, and a 44 mph readout on a 161 foot throw.

That's enough for me. If I go deeper I know what I'm going to find, because I'm already familiar with the throws he can hit and what he can do when rolling out this way or that. There's probably only upside from here.

It's a premium finding. As much as I want to gush about anyone else's arm, it's clear that Jake Fromm has himself a fully function NFL starter's arm.

I don't know about the hand size and his habit of flipping the ball in his hands (which is weird). I just know the ball is going the right speed, including and importantly at deep distances.
Thanks, it looks that way, but this is good info. Ball seems to get up and down quick out of his hand too

Just putting it out there because I think sometimes it would surprise all of us who actually is and who is actually not throwing with NFL velocity. I'm not immune.

Ball placement? Maybe Saturday was an outlier, but Fromm was carving!
Im going by memory here-
The TD that was dropped/broken up to Hardeman (woulda been the first one) what did you think of that one?
What did you think of the TD on the right pylon? The one Ridley dropped early on third down IIRC?
There was one he was falling away pressure at his feet to nauta as well perfect placement.
How about the ball to the back rolling right (IIRC, i just watched live I don't put on the tape) right sideline, how about the TD down middle to Nauta right on his face over LB before Safety. Hell, I thought UGA's biggest mistake was bringing in Fields on many first downs for no gain when Fromm was so hot.
I did not watch the UGA LSU game.

Maybe none of that is close to one throw Tua made in your opinion and thats fine. I was just super impressed with Fromm against that competition on that stage.

He was impressive. He's playing better than he's ever played - had his career game Saturday. Still wasn't as good as Stephen Garcia's career game against Bama in 2010, which was a better defense. It happens.

What did you think of the throw Irv Smith dropped? 40 yard throw in the air in the middle of the field. Could've resulted in a TD possibly. He was behind everybody. What about the drop by Jeudy that would've been a TD? The two drops by Ruggs?

There was no reason to bring Fields in. Just like there was no reason to bring Jalen in on that ridiculous series Bama had earlier in the game.

What Tua has to learn how to do is protect himself better. Has to learn how to give up on a play and throw the ball away. Live for another down. Every play can't be a homerun. He'll learn. Fromm has started two years. This is Tua's first year starting.

FWIW, preliminary findings on Jake Fromm's velocity are promising.

Tua's velocity looks pretty promising too. With or without anybody's velocity readings.

Jalen Hurts can throw with NFL velocity. He just can't play quarterback. I promise you Hurts will never play quarterback in the NFL, velocity doesn't matter unless you have a lot of other things. I know who can play and who can't. I said it all season last year in the college forum that Bama couldn't win the national title until Saban went with Tua. It's exactly what happened.

https://finheaven.com/threads/to-you-bama-phins-fans.342537/

Tua's velocity looks pretty promising too. With or without anybody's velocity readings.

Jalen Hurts can throw with NFL velocity. He just can't play quarterback. I promise you Hurts will never play quarterback in the NFL, velocity doesn't matter unless you have a lot of other things. I know who can play and who can't. I said it all season last year in the college forum that Bama couldn't win the national title until Saban went with Tua. It's exactly what happened.

https://finheaven.com/threads/to-you-bama-phins-fans.342537/

Relax. I'm not saying anything about Tua or even Hurts.

Velocity tends to be a knockout thing.

If you're one of the gifted few who can throw with NFL range velocity, your chances of being a good NFL starter are still slim because there aren't very many of those in the world at any given moment. It takes a great many things to be one of the best in the world at what you do for a living.

But if you're NOT capable of throwing with NFL range velocity, your chances of ending up a good NFL quarterback are very, very slim. Not impossible. It's happened. But even in cases where it's happened, there are unique things about the throwing profile that are pretty informative.

I really like Fromm. Still do. I don't dislike Tua at all and I don't think the two need to always be compared.

BINGO. That’s been my point all along. However, some other people have reading comprehension problems and suffer from an exaggerated sense of self importance.

BINGO. That’s been my point all along. However, some other people have reading comprehension problems and suffer from an exaggerated sense of self importance.

I thought I comprehended what I was reading pretty well. At least well enough to point out all the falacies and factual inaccuracies in what I was reading.

It doesn't matter whether you like Tua or not. He doesn't care and I don't care. I keep it strictly to football.

Relax. I'm not saying anything about Tua or even Hurts.

Velocity tends to be a knockout thing.

If you're one of the gifted few who can throw with NFL range velocity, your chances of being a good NFL starter are still slim because there aren't very many of those in the world at any given moment. It takes a great many things to be one of the best in the world at what you do for a living.

But if you're NOT capable of throwing with NFL range velocity, your chances of ending up a good NFL quarterback are very, very slim. Not impossible. It's happened. But even in cases where it's happened, there are unique things about the throwing profile that are pretty informative.

I know you didn't. My point is there's still a lot more to it. Velocity isn't even a top 3 factor in determining your level of success as a quarterback. It may be an important factor for you, but it's not for me. We just don't agree on it's significance in the bottom line result.

I know you didn't. My point is there's still a lot more to it. Velocity isn't even a top 3 factor in determining your level of success as a quarterback. It may be an important factor for you, but it's not for me. We just don't agree on it's significance in the bottom line result.

It's a screening tool. If you're not there, and it doesn't look like you're capable of getting there, it's probably alright to exclude the guy. Once you've excluded the guys you need to exclude, the variance you find in the rest of the players probably doesn't take a high priority.

It's a screening tool. If you're not there, and it doesn't look like you're capable of getting there, it's probably alright to exclude the guy. Once you've excluded the guys you need to exclude, the variance you find in the rest of the players probably doesn't take a high priority.

I was under the impression that was already understood.

You been hyping up this QB draft class and now you got "worrying signs" for Tua and Fromm is just a "game manager". That some ripe stuff right there. Interesting analysis.

I have never hyped up the 2020 draft man, I've been the complete opposite, lol. I've been telling folks that holding out for 2020 may not be the wisest choice as I fail to see the depth there. I think you are getting confused in my liking for the 2019 draft class, which I don't think is bad as the dumpster fire it's been made out to be. But if it makes you feel good to belittle me, go right ahead but next time back your claims up with some quotes.

I’d be willing to bet that Tom Brady has a greater velocity now, even at 40, than he did in college. Weird man.

I really like Fromm. Still do. I don't dislike Tua at all and I don't think the two need to always be compared.

They will always be though dude, I don't think you will ever get away from that. They are the two best QBs of the 2 best teams in the same conference, who will in all likelihood both declare in the same draft class next year. The comparisons will always be there throughout their careers, personally I know which one I would rather have on my time and it's not even close.

I have never hyped up the 2020 draft man, I've been the complete opposite, lol. I've been telling folks that holding out for 2020 may not be the wisest choice as I fail to see the depth there. I think you are getting confused in my liking for the 2019 draft class, which I don't think is bad as the dumpster fire it's been made out to be. But if it makes you feel good to belittle me, go right ahead but next time back your claims up with some quotes.

I was talking about the 2019 draft class.

Back
Top Bottom