Jake Locker for QB !!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Locker for QB !!!

finfan1927

Practice Squad
Reaction score
We should take a chance on him. This year's quarterback class is waaaaaaaay better than last years. We should trade down and get a QB in the 2nd round if there's someone available we really like. No one expected McCoy or Clausen to slip like the way they did. The same could happen for Kellen Moore or Jake Locker. If anything, they did it for Pat White, why not Locker?

We should take a chance on him. This year's quarterback class is waaaaaaaay better than last years. We should trade down and get a QB in the 2nd round if there's someone available we really like. No one expected McCoy or Clausen to slip like the way they did. The same could happen for Kellen Moore or Jake Locker. If anything, they did it for Pat White, why not Locker?

Only 4 QBs worth taking a chance on and the rest I don't care about. Luck, Locker, Mallet and Stanzi.

Only 4 QBs worth taking a chance on and the rest I don't care about. Luck, Locker, Mallet and Stanzi.

I think Luck is the only one worth a 1st rounder. If we can't get him we need to trade down, get another pick and go after C, G, RB, LB and DB

imo luck or bust. although no one is guaranteed to be good in the nfl, luck is by far the safest pick IMO. the question is how much do we need to give up for him? we prob need to trade our whole draft like Ditka did for Ricky when he was coaching the saints. ID DO IT.

only 3 IMO

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

imo luck or bust. although no one is guaranteed to be good in the nfl, luck is by far the safest pick IMO. the question is how much do we need to give up for him? we prob need to trade our whole draft like Ditka did for Ricky when he was coaching the saints. ID DO IT.

i'd do it to

Are you really proposing we trade down to the second round and find our QB of the future there? Haven't we burned enough 2nd rounders yet on this vision quest?

God, I can't believe we are back talking about finding our QB of the future. It is almost 2011.

This thread is evil on many levels. Are you being ironic? Bargain QBs blow. Quarterback classes are never wholly good. You can hope one or two of them turn out good. You only need one. Greatest QB class of all-time had 3 great ones. But also had Blackledge and Eason. You're spot on with your Pat White/Jake Locker comparison though. They're both **** awful.

Locker is a horrible QB on a horrible Washington team. I'd rather take my chances with Luck who will be long gone by the time we pick. We'll likely end up trading down to pick up a 2nd and I would not be surprised to see Ryan Mallett still available.

Cam Newton probably coming out helps us even if Luck doesn't come out.

And we may be picking very early. I can't see us winning another game with Thigpen and this interior OL.

If we do miss out on the QBs though, I want Mark Ingram. We need a real RB who actually shows it on the field (unlike Ronnie). Ricky was great in his day but c'mon, he's practically eligible for social security at this point.

Cam Newton probably coming out helps us even if Luck doesn't come out.

And we may be picking very early. I can't see us winning another game with Thigpen and this interior OL.

If we do miss out on the QBs though, I want Mark Ingram. We need a real RB who actually shows it on the field (unlike Ronnie). Ricky was great in his day but c'mon, he's practically eligible for social security at this point.

and if he has the same o-line that ronnie has, he wont do much either. if we end with only 5 wins, we would be in postion to trade to get luck barring the team with the #1 pick is shopping it... id stay away from newton in the first round if i were miami or any other team

we could trade for peyton and this front office would screw it up somehow. qb isnt the issue, its the meatheads coaching them

If we take another QB in the second round
the only solution would be a few 7.62x54r rounds

I agree that we need more OL help badly but I'd still take Mark Ingram and I know he could do more with this same OL than Ronnie could. Ronnie just almost never seems to shows up ON THE FIELD. It's really almost hard to believe that he ran a legit 4.3 at the combine (I saw it so I know he did) but he just plays so frigging slow and not-explosive on the field. Ingram is way more talented.

Back
Top Bottom