Jake Long is the ONLY safe pick... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Long is the ONLY safe pick...

DOL-FAN92

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hey you guys,I have been looking at EVERY thread and Dolphins related situations thats been posted,and I sumed it all up and I came up with 1 logical solution if trading our #1 overall pick falls through.In almost every postion need and explanation explained in recent threads,Offensive Line came up the most,next to Wide Reciver and Secondary.

Now,must posts say that we have our up and coming QuaterBack in John Beck,so we should waster ANOTHER draft pick on a QuaterBack.Which i agree on because there are more dier postions needed,and John Beck only had Booker(Lorenzo) to bail him out,which didnt happen often.

Running Back seems to be the only postion with depth,and most talented.Wide Reciever is a need,but cant be solved with the #1 pick overall,as there are no acceptable choices there.

Tight End is probably only of the most needed position on offense.I mean think about it,teams the go into the playoffs,SuperBowl or even Pro Bow(not important) have good Tight Ends.In free agency,theres no one who sticks out at me and make me say,"we gotta sign that guy".So,Tight End really needs to be adressed in THIS draft because the talent is running wild in it.We have the rezone threats,and thats mainly where the Tight End picks up the slack,the only Tight End I would keep is Justin Peele because he was the most sure-handed receiver(if you watched him this year you would see what Im talking about,very reliable),yet he isnt a #1 Tight End,but a solid #2,no doubt.

Offensive Line...............FINALLY,we actually played like we were TRYING to block someone.Unfortunately,when Brown(Ronnie) went down,they blocking regressed.The Offensive Line is the most important postion on Offense.Your QuaterBack is only as good as his Offensive Line,just go ask John Beck.If our line was consistant throughout,he would have played good games,even if we didnt win any,I would still be happy.So,with the in mind,our Line need re-shaping.Jake Long has experience with both positions at LT and RT.He is 6'7" 315 and can block well running the ball and pas block.Vernon Carey is 6'5" 330,he plays so much better on the right side,so we should leave him on the right,and put nJake on the left.Look at the QuaterBacks today...Tom Brady(QB) and his LT is Matt Light,Peyton Manning(QB) (when) he has Tony Ugoh,he was never touched,Carson Palmer(QB) has Lamarr Jones...and the list goes on and on...Jake Long is the poto-typical size,strength,and motor for the LT position as a LT.He would be able to contribute for us for years to come,from at least 10-15 years...Im just pointing it out,and i think Long is the best,safiest,and the smartest pick for us.....

Chris Long-doesnt have the speed to play coverage(when he does,better tackle with the first contact,or its a home run)

McFadden-we have Ronnie,Williams,Booker,Chatman(hope he re-signs),Gado(if he re-signs[i dont want him])

Matt Ryan-we have John Beck,a lot of people say the he is better than Beck when he first came out,but Matt couldnt even complete over 60% of his passes in his career

Glenn Dorsey-if we stay is a 3-4,he wont be a good fit,however,if we switch to 4-3,Miami would be sending him a contract before they draft him

Jake Long-we have.....uhh...ohh yea!!!we got....no.....hmmmm

the way i see it,Ronnie Brown will be having LaDainian Tomlinson season with this king of Line:

LT*Jake Long-6'7",315

LG*Chris Liwienski-6'5",320

C*Samson Satele-6'3",300

RG*L.J. Shelton-6'6",340

RT*Vernon Carey*6'5",330

Brown would run wild...at least seasons of over 1500+ yards,and over 10 TD's...John Beck,at least 3-5 seconds to get the ball out,and make a play

Jake Long is not going to play left tackle and is not going to get drafted as high as the media thinks. Just take him out of your equation.

In fact, both Otah and Clady should get drafted before he does.

jake is gonna be a franchise RTnot LT. you done draft a RT that high. id much rather take otah. you dont pay that much money (#1 money) to a RT.chris long is the best pick for us if we dont trade down

I disagree. Dorsey is the pick, not Chris Long.

Guys like Chris Long come out a lot more frequently than guys like Glenn Dorsey.

He is a game changer at a position where game changers are few and far between. He can do it all.

I disagree. Dorsey is the pick, not Chris Long.

Guys like Chris Long come out a lot more frequently than guys like Glenn Dorsey.

He is a game changer at a position where game changers are few and far between. He can do it all.

dorsey just doesnt fit our D as good as chris long, i'd love to get pat sims with our #33 pick. he is a NT.

Only "Safe" pick? IS he wearing a condom or something?....just asking???

Yeah this is football.....who wants to play it SAFE??? :shakeno:

I think our pick is either Chris Long or Ellis....both of these guys are going to be starters for a long time no matter where they go. Dorsey is ok, but I think he isn't the best fit for our Defense. I still hope we can trade down...to me that's the best option. :up:

I'm sure Jake will get a chance at LT, but I think he will wind up on the right like Leonard Davis did.

dorsey just doesnt fit our D as good as chris long, i'd love to get pat sims with our #33 pick. he is a NT.

And I understand that. IF we pick Chris Long, we WILL pick up a huge NT or MLB.

But I question you, what exactly IS our defense? Cause if you are talking about any assemblabce of that unit we through out on the field last year, we are in for another VERY long season...

Not sure anyone comes to the conclusion that Jake Long is a safe pick.

There are no safe picks. However, the closest thing to one is C. Long not Jake Long. Chris Long will be a formidable starter if not pro bowl type player for years to come as a pass rusher - a premium position. If J. Long truly can't cut it as a LT, then he may be a safe pick, but not at the #1 spot where a premium position (QB, Pass Rusher, LT) needs to be filled.

And I understand that. IF we pick Chris Long, we WILL pick up a huge NT or MLB.

But I question you, what exactly IS our defense? Cause if you are talking about any assemblabce of that unit we through out on the field last year, we are in for another VERY long season...
in my perfect world our D would look like this... (and this is without FA)
DE-Marcus Spear (Dallas Trade for #1 pick)
NT-Pat Sims (#28 Pick)
DE-Jason Jones (4th round pick)
OLB-Jason Taylor
ILB-Beau Bell (3rd round)
ILB-Zach Thomas (or Channing Crowder)
OLB-Joey Porter
CB-Antoine Cason (#32 pick)
CB-Will Allen
FS-Jason Allen
SS-Yeremiah Bell

If we dont trade for Chad we would have another 2nd rounder for maybe another LB to replace ZT or WR (most likely)

Back
Top Bottom