Jamar Taylor .... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jamar Taylor ....

ositives

Taylor is a smooth athlete with the top end speed to run with any receiver down-field. He displays quick feet in his pedal and is able to consistently flip his hips and maintain spacing coming out of transition while in man coverage. He is physical with his man in press coverage which allows him to sustain inside leverage. In zone coverage he does a solid job of keeping the play in front of him and displays the burst needed in transition to close effectively from off his target. He displays outstanding ball skills as he times his break and reach around well, and when he can cut off the route he attacks the ball in the air to consistently come down with the interception.
Negatives

While at Boise State Taylor was able to compensate for his limited smaller frame by playing aggressive and physical in man coverage, but he will still need to bulk to his frame in order to compete with bigger NFL receivers. His size and strength limitations are particularly noticeable against the run, as he struggles to shed blockers at the POA when he allows them to get on top of him quickly off the snap. He is also not a consistent tackler, as he tends to duck his head and dive at the ball carrier instead of holding his ground and wrapping up.
Analysis

If Jamar Taylor were an inch taller and ten pounds heavier the media would likely be talking about him as a top 15 prospect, because his athleticism and coverage skills are second to no one in this draft class. He has the elite long speed needed to run with any NFL receiver down-field and an outstanding combination of quickness, instincts and a willingness to play physical in man coverage. When the ball is in the air he acts as if it were meant for him, as he works hard to establish inside positioning and cut off routes, allowing him to high point the ball in front of his man for PBUs and INTs. His thin frame will limit his effectiveness at the next level against larger possession receivers, as well as his ability to shed blocks in time to get involved against the run. Overall, if he can add another 10-15 lbs. of muscle to his frame he could develop into the best CB from this draft class, and is clearly worth a late day one selection.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/draft-2013/tracker/#ixzz2Rn3OIwcv

Did anyone notice, the only time he missed a tackle vs Michigan St, was when he got run over by Dion Sims? Love both of these picks

Wearing a bow tie.....haha, don't think we will have any off the field problem with this guy.

BTW the big TE #80 for Michigan State i believe is our other draft pick Dion Sims!

If for one second we can all get over the Will Davis pick,
who may become a good player ...

Jeff Ireland was able to draft Jamar Taylor who many felt was a 1st round CB..

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/...ay/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

[video=youtube;DMHLTcEs3bI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMHLTcEs3bI[/video]

[video=youtube;4t6aX8S1VPU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t6aX8S1VPU[/video]

on that video against michigan state at around the 1:48 mark, dion sims is blocking jamar taylor....who would have thought

Wow... honestly after reading more about him he is like a younger healthier version of brent grimes with potential to be even better...

Our defense is so much better than last year it's ridiculous..2 upgrades at linebacker and now players like Jamar Taylor and Dion Jordan.... if Grimes comes back in top form we would EASILY have a top 5 defense...

the ONLY position on this team you can say we are worse at right now than last year is Tackle.... and a lot of positions have been clearly upgraded like WR, LB, now DE and CB...

I was sort of hoping we signed Albert to make up for losing Long but I think the price was just too high... I have honestly never seen a team change it's starting personnel this drastically and effectively in one offseason. I am so much more excited about the young talent on this team compared to last year it's not even close...

I really believe CB Taylor will be starting and Sims will be used in a 2 TE set alot

Back
Top Bottom