Ja'marr Chase is fast! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ja'marr Chase is fast!

Gatorboy999120

Active Roster
Reaction score
Catch him if you can!

GettyImages-1192552447-1024x683.jpg

I bet you TUA would love a pass catcher like CHASE if Pitts isn't the choice!

Balling!

4.38 40 time today!!!!!

BURNER!!!!!

730cbf2e2455c64c961be8e18e793f6b_3-Things-a-Fire-Needs-2000-c-90.jpg

tenor.gif

He doesn't play that fast on a football. Good WR, but not super fast. Don't buy too much into 40 times.

He hasn't played since 2019..how do you know his new found speed won't translate!? You're brilliant! :):pTB:pTB:pTB:pTB:pTB:pTB:pTB:pTB
For one, I've watched film on him which is the best way to judge football fast.

Two, I have a bum hip so I read a lot, and in the last few weeks I've read 4 books on nfl scouting and team building and there's a huge amount of information how in the last 20 years these draft academies paid by agents teach players starting and stride techniques to shave tenths off their forty. None of that translates outside 40 and guys running faster timed than ever doesn't mean they are actually faster than players in the past.

The 40 time is mostly a measure of preparation now to see if a guy did the work to learn the technique.

For one, I've watched film on him which is the best way to judge football fast.

Two, I have a bum hip so I read a lot, and in the last few weeks I've read 4 books on nfl scouting and team building and there's a huge amount of information how in the last 20 years these draft academies paid by agents teach players starting and stride techniques to shave tenths off their forty. None of that translates outside 40 and guys running faster timed than ever doesn't mean they are actually faster than players in the past.

The 40 time is mostly a measure of preparation now to see if a guy did the work to learn the technique.
Okay, chief. Good to know. So anyone can run in the 4.3's if they train? Hmm?

Okay, chief. Good to know. So anyone can run in the 4.3's if they train? Hmm?
A lot of nfl players can and do. Just remember how fast Ronnie Brown ran the 40 and how on the football field he was more of a lumbering giant. A 40 time is not football speed.

I'm just taking my cues from Rich McKay, Bill Bellichek, Scott Pioli, Thomas Dimitroff, etc. You think my words are my own but they are coming from what guys whose living is football have said about it.

Smith certainly doesnt.
Yet watch the tape and see how his body moves so fluidly that he maintains his max speed for longer and plays at a higher football speed.

People thought Jerry Rice was too slow. The fluidity of his strides meant when running routes he was insanely fast compared to straight line track stars.

Yet watch the tape and see how his body moves so fluidly that he maintains his max speed for longer and plays at a higher football speed.

People thought Jerry Rice was too slow. The fluidity of his strides meant when running routes he was insanely fast compared to straight line track stars.
Jerry Runs 4.4... Not sure about Smith!

Back
Top Bottom