Ja’marr Chase | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ja’marr Chase

Take tight TE out of your mind. Pitts essentially a Wide Receiver who can line up anywhere and it with his size and speed he will open up our offense. What I’m hoping Miami will do is to draft a player who will will have an immediate impact and to me it’s either Waddle who brings value as WR and KR/PR or Pitts for his size and speed.
Thanks for saying what I was thinking for me! 💯

Take tight TE out of your mind. Pitts essentially a Wide Receiver who can line up anywhere and it with his size and speed he will open up our offense. What I’m hoping Miami will do is to draft a player who will will have an immediate impact and to me it’s either Waddle who brings value as WR and KR/PR or Pitts for his size and speed.

You’re re not drafting him as an exclusive receiver. You’re just not! He’s a TE that has receiver ability.

I don’t care what anyone says.

I think we can look at it from another perspective by asking ourselves which player was most likely to be there at 12? I think if i'm being honest i think Waddle is most likely to still be there at 12. You only trade back up and give up the comp you just acquired if you feel your target isn't going to be there at 12 and you need to be at 6 to secure them.

That tells me it's between Pitts and Chase. Those are the only two guys that are likely gone between 6 and 12.
That is exactly the way to look at it.

I wouldn't doubt if it's Chase, Smith or Waddle.

If we're looking at right now, 2021 season, I think Waddle might be the best immediate add. Parker, Fuller, Gesicki and Waddle cover the entire field, with Waddle getting a lot of use in the slot.

Long-term, who knows how much longer the team sticks with Parker, how injuries could affect his career. Who knows if Fuller is around longer than his current one year contract. When you factor that in, then Chase and Smith have to be considered as well.

The Tua factor would seem to favor Smith, maybe a little higher than Waddle.

In other words, I have no idea!

You’re re not drafting him as an exclusive receiver. You’re just not! He’s a TE that has receiver ability.

I don’t care what anyone says.
Why does that matter? If it’s an area we can exploit and we have the chance to draft a top player from that position I don’t see what the big deal is if he’s a TE with WR skills? Let me make it simple for you, the primary duty of TE and WR is to get open and catch the ball.

Why does that matter? If it’s an area we can exploit and we have the chance to draft a top player from that position I don’t see what the big deal is if he’s a TE with WR skills? Let me make it simple for you, the primary duty of TE and WR is to get open and catch the ball.

It matters because his real value is if he's considered a TE and teams playing him from that perspective first(creating the mismatch with TE/Saftey etc). As soon as you play him as a wideout he loses his great "advantage."
Now i'll ask you as pure reciever how much better is he than a heathy Parker/Williams? Is he worth the #6 overall pick?

The Bengals are picking him at 5 - IF he is still available.

I have seen a lot of people predicting Chase to Cincy but I just don't see them taking a receiver at 5. IMO Either tackles ( Sewell & Slater) or Pitts makes more sense. They have a great slot receiver in Boyd and Higgins looked like a stud as a rookie.

I still say Pitts, because he is the more unique player and matchup nightmare. The three receivers are just receivers that the only difference between them is personal preference.

Opt Outs do not sit well with me........
Out of curiosity, what do you feel he had left to prove in college? These kids don’t get paid to play. If he went out there and had a major injury he could have lost millions on his rookie contract. Guys like him and Sewell had nothing to gain by playing in 2020. The only reason they even stayed in college was due to not being draft eligible in 2019.

The Dolphins would be blessed beyond if they select Chase with the 6th pick. Chase or Pitts... still torn between the two. Having faith and trusting in Grier & Flores to make the right call for this offense.
Waddle or Pitts for me..Leaning Pitts but happy with Waddle, as well!

Back
Top Bottom