"Jaramy Bloom" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Jaramy Bloom"

OneMeanFish

"All eyez on me"
Reaction score
Hey i saw a segment on sportscenter on Jaramy Bloom a WR 5'9'' and about 176lbs. or so and a 40 time of 4.3 seconds. Hes been outa football for 2 years and hes going to be in this upcoming draft he went to the olympics for skiing but he said hes going to pursue football now...I dont really know much about this guy if anyone does do share please and let us know your thoughts on him but i saw a clip and man he is FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know he runs under a 4.2, runs great routes, has great hands, and is extremly dedicated to the game, if he was 6'1 or so he would be a monster

He's in my draft wishlist, ive seen him play 2 or 3 games a few years back and he looked great

EDIT: oops not under a 4.2 :lol: thats just crazy, I meant under a 4.3, about a 4.25

Alex22 said:
I know he runs under a 4.2, runs great routes, has great hands, and is extremly dedicated to the game, if he was 6'1 or so he would be a monster

He's in my draft wishlist, ive seen him play 2 or 3 games a few years back and he looked great

EDIT: oops not under a 4.2 :lol: thats just crazy, I meant under a 4.3, about a 4.25

Hey man do you happen to know what college he played for???

He quit playing cause he took money so he could Ski in the Olympics. He even took the NCAA to court about it, But because he took money for Sking they took away his eligablity.

It wasn't because he took money, it was because he truned pro as a skier.

SpeedRush99 said:
It wasn't because he took money, it was because he truned pro as a skier.

Ummm yeah he took Money! Thats why he callenged it in court!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2131902

After two highlight-filled seasons at Colorado, the NCAA stripped the dazzling kick returner of his eligibility in 2004 when he refused to give up his skiing endorsements. Those paychecks were the only way Bloom could train for the 2006 games, so he begrudgingly set aside his cleats.

Skeet84 said:
Ummm yeah he took Money! Thats why he callenged it in court!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2131902

After two highlight-filled seasons at Colorado, the NCAA stripped the dazzling kick returner of his eligibility in 2004 when he refused to give up his skiing endorsements. Those paychecks were the only way Bloom could train for the 2006 games, so he begrudgingly set aside his cleats.

What do you think "turning pro" means?!?!?!? :shakeno:

SpeedRush99 said:
What do you think "turning pro" means?!?!?!? :shakeno:

Well if you now anything then you would know that as stated above that he was not allowed to play college football cause of endorsements not cause he made money off of Sking. They were to pay for his gear. I would think you would know better. :shakeno:

Skeet84 said:
Well if you now anything then you would know that as stated above that he was not allowed to play college football cause of endorsements not cause he made money off of Sking. They were to pay for his gear. I would think you would know better. :shakeno:

I "now" what I heard on ESPN.
Bloom's professional skier status violated the NCAA eligibilty rules.

If you knew anything on the topic, professional skiers receive endrosements to fund there skiing competitions, hence the "professional" label.

sr, if i remember it correctly, bloom did not plan on turning pro, as participating in the olympics would still qualify him as an amateur, but the ncaa saw his endorsement money to train for the olympics as getting paid for skiing, which classified him as a professional. he didn't officially turn pro until after the ncaa denied his reinstatemnt request.

Phishstix said:
sr, if i remember it correctly, bloom did not plan on turning pro, as participating in the olympics would still qualify him as an amateur, but the ncaa saw his endorsement money to train for the olympics as getting paid for skiing, which classified him as a professional. he didn't officially turn pro until after the ncaa denied his reinstatemnt request.

I'm just repeating what they said about him on the special during Sportscenter the other night.

regardless of who gets him i am going after himn in madden lol

He was OFFICIALLY clocked at 9.4 seconds in the 100. That's FAST!!

His eligibility was lost for taking endorsements NOT turning pro. The NCAA guidelines prohibit a student athlete from making money from his image. Hence, baseball players can take money from teams (getting paid for their skills in baseball versus from a marketing company for their image) and still retain eligibility. When you accept endorsements, it's tough to know if any of your popularity is based on your football play versus purely your skills in the other sport. If some company endorsed him and their gear was heavily bought in Colorado where many knew Bloom from football, then it would be unfair to other student athletes.

If Bloom's family had the money to pay for all his training/gear without needing endorsements then he could have turned pro without sacrificing his eligibility. It was the endorsements the NCAA cared about, not the turning pro.

caneaddict said:
He was OFFICIALLY clocked at 9.4 seconds in the 100. That's FAST!!

His eligibility was lost for taking endorsements NOT turning pro. The NCAA guidelines prohibit a student athlete from making money from his image. Hence, baseball players can take money from teams (getting paid for their skills in baseball versus from a marketing company for their image) and still retain eligibility. When you accept endorsements, it's tough to know if any of your popularity is based on your football play versus purely your skills in the other sport. If some company endorsed him and their gear was heavily bought in Colorado where many knew Bloom from football, then it would be unfair to other student athletes.

If Bloom's family had the money to pay for all his training/gear without needing endorsements then he could have turned pro without sacrificing his eligibility. It was the endorsements the NCAA cared about, not the turning pro.

That's true but it was a ridiculous stance by the NCAA. When was the last time you saw a ski or snowboard with a football player's name on it?

Back
Top Bottom