"Jaramy Bloom" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Jaramy Bloom"

VManis said:
That's true but it was a ridiculous stance by the NCAA. When was the last time you saw a ski or snowboard with a football player's name on it?

I agree with you. However, it is a slippery slope and tough to judge. In Colorado, you sell alot of ski/snowboard equipment. What if say a guy with Vince Young's charisma and football ability was playing for Boulder. Assuming he is as popular in Colorado as Vince Young currently is in Texas. Let's say he's a mediocre snowboarder but still gets some endorsement deal. It would probably be a bit more money than someone with the same snowboard skills (mediocre) that didn't play football. So in essence he would be capitalizing on his image from football.

In Miami, there's obviously no connection but in Colorado EVERYONE hits the slopes. If during a national championship game the announcers kept talking about his snowboarding it would be free advertising to his sponsors.

I know Bloom is different because he has REAL skills and anyone as good as him would be getting these endorsement deals, but like I said it's a slippery slope and would be tough to judge on an individual basis once the precedent had been set.

I like Bloom, but if we draft him wont we have to worry about him spending more time skiing and not paying attention to the team. Cuz I think he will tear it up in the Olyimpics, so you really think he will give it up and concentrait on the Dolphins? Kinda risky, or he could really hurt himself doing it too, and then hurt the team that way. We would have to write his contract very carfully. I think he would be a sweet pick up, but just something to think about. What about Oregon State's Mike Haas in the mid rounds? Iv watch him play a few times, hes got great hand and is very clutch, great in the slot for us. Just some ideas guys

hmm. weinke was paid by the Blue Jays, but he still kept amateur status. Bloom must have been paid as a pro.

OneMeanFish said:
Hey man do you happen to know what college he played for???

He played for my CU BUFFALOES!!! This guy has ridiculous speed...I think he is faster then Hester of the Miami Hurricanes.....his legs are moving faster than anyone you've seen and he can break a punt or kickoff for a TD just about anytime....good receiver too. I want him in a Phins uniform. :D

Ohh and it is Jeremy not Jaramy.

Its against NCAA rules to accept endorsements, Leinart got in some trouble for appearing on sportscenter because its considerd a promotional type thing

To be in the olympics you have to have a sponser, now the NCAA gave him 2 choices, dont compete or lose your eligabilty, he took them to court and lost, and in turn lost 2 years of college football, all because he took endorsements so he could compete in the olympics

It has nothing to do with Pro or Amature status, its his taking the endorsments

Back
Top Bottom