Jarvis Landry or O.J. Mcduffie | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jarvis Landry or O.J. Mcduffie

If there was a guarantee his toe issue would never pop up again.....O.J.

Great question. Tough one as well.

OJ McDuffie was a more complete WR in the route tree aspect (or at least he was utilized as so), had better body control at the catch point, and had a penchant for big time catches, especially in the endzone. That said, he also a bad case of drops when it come to the average catch. Often not honing in when he was faced with the usual as opposed to his ability to focus and make a spectacular catches along the sidelines, etc.

Jarvis Landry. A victim of his own success in our quick passing game? Relegated to the short field b/c of other intermediate-deep receiving weapons? Maybe. Or possibly he just is limited to the short-intermediate passing game. Regardless, great competitor, willing teammate, and very good all-round WR who can also be counted in the run game. Also very reliable and catches anything thrown his way. Biggest knock is he's not really a threat to score in the redzone as most of his TD come via YAC outside that area.

Overall, I loved OJ's highlight reel, but Landry to me is the better all-around reliable receiver. I'd have to go with Jarvis Landry here.

Last edited:
hmm Mr. First Down who had a lot of touchdowns....or the gritty and super physical and passionate Landry, that's a tough call. In his prime 4 years OJ had 24 TD's at 12+ ypc....Landry hasn't been allowed to run routes with depth for some reason, if he was his ypc would be better....but Landry has the yac and OJ didn't make people miss near the way Landry does consistently. Both were very good at punt returns, I always like OJ and the way he approached the game, although I do remember after his 90 catch season he became a bit arrogant and his performance dropped, although that may be attributed to the toe and the rise of mr. I catch everything Orande Gadsden. I love both players and think they'd both be very effective today, I may slightly choose Landry due to his run blocking, toughness and intangibles, but mr. First Down was very clutch for us and also scored TD's.

Mcduffie may have been a hall of famer if he never hurt his toe.

I told him that when I met him at the skins opener last year

IMO, Hall of Fame wise, you have to do the average things great before you make the great things look average.

That's where OJ would come up short for any consideration to be among the greatest. You can't deny he would drop some for average and uncontested passes with some consistency.

the same inconsistencies OJ had were shared by CC84 as well, the impossible catches seemed easy for him but the safe routine catch would be a 50/50 catch, a lot of the time forcing us to punt. OJ and CC84 both struggled with the consistency of being relied upon, that intangible is not an issue with Landry, he catches everything consistently. I am not implying the other 2 were not as great as Landry, but it was so infuriating to watch such dynamic receivers let uncontested passes bounce off their hands in crucial moments, yet watch acrobatic circus catches look simple!

So funny, I was just thinking about this yesterday. I'd have to go with Mcduffie for now but Landry better stay on this team for the future.

Back
Top Bottom