Jay Cutler's throwing motion | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Cutler's throwing motion

67Stang

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity did anyone else think that Jay lacked a little zip on his ball that he normally has and seemed to be throwing more with his body, almost a heaving motion? I know he took a pretty good shot on the keeper. That Hail Mary was really bad as well. Something just did not look right to me. Hopefully it is nothing as he played a good game. Anyone else pick up on this?

Just out of curiosity did anyone else think that Jay lacked a little zip on his ball that he normally has and seemed to be throwing more with his body, almost a heaving motion? I know he took a pretty good shot on the keeper. That Hail Mary was really bad as well. Something just did not look right to me. Hopefully it is nothing as he played a good game. Anyone else pick up on this?
The hail Mary was as intended. Just run out the clock and throw it out of bounds. The fact that anybody is making a big deal of the play is silly

It looks slow but it actually isn't when I look at replays.

I watched him in warm-up and he looked fine to me. He is smooth, the ball just jumps out of his hand when he throws it.

Judging by how the line slides to the right you can just tell they were trying to give Cutler enough time to throw the ball out of bounds. Also rarely do you see an actual hail mary thrown from the pocket.

Really funny though how people are making a big deal out of a blatant throw away pass. Just goes to show that detractors are getting desperate looking for dirt to throw on Cutler's name.

Last edited:
I can't say for sure if it was a Hail Mary or a overthrown pass, but that was Parker and he's supposed to catch 80% of all 50/50 balls. At least give them a chance.

Can we just kill this hail mary talk? It was obvious even in real time. Think we're really calling a hail mary with one WR split out wide?

You absolutely can say for sure. We had like 10 guys in blocking basically and one guy running a route. You're down 1 score getting the ball back in the 2nd half. Risking a pick 6 in that situation isn't good business.

Last edited:
He had poor feet on the miss to Landry. Even Trent Green made mention.

J can throw from a number of different platforms.

His arm is fine and the accuracy should get better with more reps / games.

He has never been a technician like Brady or Tanney.

I can't say for sure if it was a Hail Mary or a overthrown pass, but that was Parker and he's supposed to catch 80% of all 50/50 balls. At least give them a chance.
I think I saw #10 which would be Stills. Don't recall 100% though.

The hail mary is actually kind of an after thought.....his arm did not look right to me. This is coming from someone who likes Cutler here and glad we have him. A lot of his throws looked average with a lot more body put into them more than usual. They lacked the zip I am use to seeing and saw during the preseason. He didn't look like Pennington or anything, but just looked like he was laboring a little bit more than he usually does. Hopefully nothing, but just something I picked up on.

The problem isn't his arm, it's his throwing platform.

When he is feeling pressure, he instinctively tries to protect his legs. On one hand, it keeps him from having his ACL shredded like a certain someone we know, but on the other hand, sometimes you miss Jarvis Landry wide open in the end zone.

His arm looks fine to me coming off the shoulder surgery, which is a big relief.

Back
Top Bottom