Jay Glazer grades the 2001 Draft.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Glazer grades the 2001 Draft..

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7348292

The Dolphins missed with Jamar Fletcher, who they've since traded in the David Boston deal, in Round 1. They responded in Round 2 with a tremendous value pick by selecting Chris Chambers. Travis Minor in Round 3 hasn't done much. TE Shawn Draper, OT Brandon Winey, QB Josh Heupel, DE Otis Leverette, LB Rick Crowell all missed for the Fins. Fletcher actually wasn't a bad pick at the time, but he has not done enough to step up with the big boys. Chambers saved them.

-------------------------

I agree with his assessment, only he forgot to mention Greenwood.. And Minor has helped a little.. but Chambers definately was the saving grace.

If we didn't get Chambers in that draft, it would have been an awful one. Fletcher was a huge bust as we all know. Greenwood has been a decent starter at OLB and Minor is a solid backup. Every other pick was crap.

It is 2004, what is the point of talking about the 01 draft now?

Prime Time said:
It is 2004, what is the point of talking about the 01 draft now?
Because generally it takes 3 years to grade a draft. We'll review this draft class in 2007. :D

iceblizzard69 said:
If we didn't get Chambers in that draft, it would have been an awful one. Fletcher was a huge bust as we all know. Greenwood has been a decent starter at OLB and Minor is a solid backup. Every other pick was crap.
Otis Leverette was a good pick. He'll be a good player. But he got caught up in a numbers game on the Dline. We tried to keep him on the practice squad, but someone (Redskins maybe????) signed him away. The rest were exactly as you described them.

"Best second-round picks: Bengals WR Chad Johnson (offense) and Carolina DT Kris Jenkins (defense). Runner-ups were Steelers LB Kendrell Bell (defense) and Bills RB Travis Henry (offense). "

Chad Johnson is at best equal to Chris Chambers. CC won rookie of the year, and must have made 7 AMAZING td grabs last year to solidify himself in the top 10 NFL. 3 in Dallas, 2 in Houston, 1 Buffalo, and plenty of other big plays. The guy is getting hosed in that article, but oh well.

Phinsdude said:
"Best second-round picks: Bengals WR Chad Johnson (offense) and Carolina DT Kris Jenkins (defense). Runner-ups were Steelers LB Kendrell Bell (defense) and Bills RB Travis Henry (offense). "

Chad Johnson is at best equal to Chris Chambers. CC won rookie of the year, and must have made 7 AMAZING td grabs last year to solidify himself in the top 10 NFL. 3 in Dallas, 2 in Houston, 1 Buffalo, and plenty of other big plays. The guy is getting hosed in that article, but oh well.

Chambers didn't win rookie of the year, I'm pretty sure Anthony Thomas from the Chicago Bears did....

He's supposed to be a starting DE this year for the Chargers, Rude.

I'm not exactly sure where I read that but, I am sure that I did read it somewhere. :D

Chad Johnson is at best equal to Chris Chambers.

Thats a very homerific statement. Hey maybe Chambers is as talented as Johnson, but Johnson has proven it on the field, with yards and catches. Chambers hasn't done it YET though I'm sure he will.

Otis Leverette has yet to do anything in this league but if he does, then I think thats a good sign for Otis Grigsby, because they are very similar. We drafted Leverette because he had that perfect NFL DE body, tall and lanky not necessarily that fast or productive. Grigsby is the same way, looks like another Jason Taylor out there if you don't watch him move that much.

He's played in 9 games in his career (Leverette), started none of them, has tallied 24 tackles, and 1 sack for 3 yards late in the season on a cold windy day against the Pittsburgh Steelers, who were ahead by a lot (Source: Yahoo Sports)

I don't want this to seem like I'm picking on CC b/c I think he's a very good WR but Chad Johnson is far and away better than him at this point. Chambers had a much better rookie year but since then Chad has been far superior to CC in the last 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom