Jazeen Jackson? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jazeen Jackson?

Phinatic8u

Club Member
Reaction score
I was watching some old 09 Eric Berry footage. One thing that stood out to me was how good Jazeen Jackson is. Dude has elite potential thru the roof. He does everything.

I was wondering if he is even eligible for the NFL draft? Haven't heard about him since his Tennessee dismissal

He did declare and will probably get an invite to the combine. His skillset and ability is much too good not to get one. He has elite DB talent.

Jackson played a lot of the single high safety role in Monte Kiffin's defense for the Vols which allowed him to bring Berry down and play him closer to the LOS. You have to play a lot of Cover-1 in the SEC on 1st and 2nd down.

Janzen doesn't get talked about much, but he's always been high on my list. He'll slide in the draft due to his background and the personal difficulties he's had trying to get his head back in order. That's what it all boils down to. Talent isn't an issue.

I mentioned him as one of my top 3 safeties in terms of ability probably 3 months ago should he declare for the draft. I'd draft him anywhere beyond the first 150 picks and immediately consider him a steal. He can be a pro-bowl caliber DB if he wants to be. All he needs to do is prove he's matured mentally, and ready to come in and work hard.

I don't think there's a safety in this draft that's more talented. Janzen Jackson literally has it all, it just needs to be developed further.

On November 12, 2009, Jackson and fellow freshmen teammates Mike Edwards and Nu'Keese Richardson were charged after an armed robbery attempt at a Pilot station on Cumberland Avenue in Knoxville, Tennessee. Less than two weeks later, charges against Jackson were dropped because a police investigation found that he had no prior knowledge of the alleged attempted robbery. On November 24, he was reinstated to the Tennessee football team.

After recording 37 tackles, a sack, an interception, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery, Jackson was named to Rivals.com's 2009 SEC All-Freshman Team for his standout play.

As a sophomore in 2010, Jackson started all 12 regular season games and compiled 65 tackles, 4 tackles for loss, a sack, 9 passes defended and 4 interceptions and was named to the All-SEC second team voted by the league's coaches.

On August 24, 2011, the University of Tennessee announced that Janzen Jackson was released from the football team for unspecified reasons. On August 28 Jackson is enrolled at the FCS McNeese State University Cowboys, where his father Lance Guidry played and coached.

He's draft eligible and he is one of the 65 underclassman who declared for the draft.

if we get him in the 7th round. he could be amother version of jimmy wilson!!!

if we get him in the 7th round. he could be amother version of jimmy wilson!!!
I like Jimmy...but you are greatly underestimating Janzen Jackson. This kid has ELITE tools. Were talking about a 1st Rd pick if he would have stayed a TN and kept his nose clean. Id take him in the 5th easily and run the card up. If he interviewed well I would take him earlier that that.

I like Jimmy...but you are greatly underestimating Janzen Jackson. This kid has ELITE tools. Were talking about a 1st Rd pick if he would have stayed a TN and kept his nose clean. Id take him in the 5th easily and run the card up. If he interviewed well I would take him earlier that that.
If he runs low 4.5's and shows up well at the combine he may not even last that long. This draft is pretty weak especially at the safety position.

If he runs low 4.5's and shows up well at the combine he may not even last that long. This draft is pretty weak especially at the safety position.
Thats very true. His combine and interviews will be huge for him. If he has his head on straight...he can be a game changer

Back
Top Bottom