Jeckle And Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jeckle And Dolphins

pacresjt

Active Roster
Reaction score
So I am wondering how this team can dominate the best running teams and lay an egg with the teams in search of a run game for 2 decades? I am also wondering how our offense stinks up the joint in the first half and suddenly plays in the second half?

I saw a thread “I think I figured it out” earlier and I think I did too. The answer..... Stubborness! Yes these coaches are stubborn to their own detriment.

Gase, decides he is a guru and scripts his first 20 plays. He thinks what he calls is going to work and the defense is going to go into the formations he has seen on film. He discounts the idea the other team is going to scheme their defense to take away what our offense needs to do to be sucsufdul and his plays will work hands down! When he sees that what he is calling isn’t working he decides to stand pat on his script and the players just need to execute better. It can’t be that the other team schemes up his very predictable play calls and is just sitting on top of every run and route like they’ve seen scripted the last 45 games of the exact same play calls.

At halftime he figures he better do something different and he calls a vertical game instead of horizontal and his team has success. Wow brilliant, how about making that change the second or third drive if your not having success. Stubborness!

Now that we figured that out, I remember the Rams throwing the ball about 24 times consecutively in a game against San Diego because SD came into the game determined to stop Marshall Faulk and Coach Martz decided to throw it time and time again until they let up. When they let up he ran a whole bunch, mixed it up and kept SD off balance. How about that? I am pretty sure The Lions came in knowing this team must run the ball to make the Horizontal Offense work. So they made a point to stop the run and Gase should have changed his script and throw down field with 8 players hesitating a second to watch for the run. He should have done that time and time again until they started taking a few steps back, switched to a 6 man box then started running, getting them off balance and then mix it up. We might have seen a few chunk yard plays and points on the board the first half. Damn stubborness.

This coach must put his Guru label aside and scheme his game plan to get the other team off balance rather than trying to force fit his script with the belief they will make it work because we’re just so good. 45 games has proven we don’t score in the first half with his philosophy and he has to stop being so stubborn and change.

Burke, the wide 9 has to go and they need to teach edge contain, gap control and practice tackling period. These same issues come up in every blow out. How can the defense be feast or famine like in this and the NE game. I would venture to say Matt Patricia took some notes from Belechick because this was a carbon copy of that game. You know what Belichick has in common with what I am complaining about? It’s very hard to game plan against him because he schemes each game to take advantage of what the other team is going to do, he doesn’t force his offense into a my way or the highway design.

If these coaches who are very good in my opinion ( they have won a lot of games with sub par talent and depth) can just get out of their own way and stop being stubborn, they just might figure out how to get the most out of this team for 60 minutes and get to the playoffs every year. Maybe they just need another year to learn, they are new to their jobs. Once they figure that out we should see more Jeckle and less Hyde but it’s pissing me off in the meantime.

Back
Top Bottom