Jeff Ireland & Rothlisburger | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jeff Ireland & Rothlisburger

Pat-London

Active Roster
Reaction score
I havent posted any remarks re the Jeff Ireland situation, simply because I believe it to be part of what can be a nasty process. Rob Konrad's sentiments in his letter described perfectly what its all about.

However, I cant help but feel that the overblown nature, which seems common place with everything.. has in fact gone on a bit too much. Which leads me to the rhetorical question.... Has the Jeff Ireland situation been dragged on by all levels and multiple media outlets as a way in which to help the Rothlisberge situation disolve a lot quicker.

Rothlisberger, is a 2 time Super Bowl winner in the last few years, poster boy of one of most storied and respected franchises in the NFL, and alledged doer of bad deeds has brought great worry and concern to the NFL. On the other hand we have a young upstart GM who has limited profile in the NFL, even on his own team he has a limited public profile.

Something just bothers me as to why this seems, in my opinion, to have gone on way longer than it should have. Not only is it part of the process as Rob Konrad aludes to, but this is an ugly business, where players are probed and proded, private investigators are hired to dig deep into peoples lives all because millions of dollars are to changes hands between high profile organisations and basically what are in the real world... kids!

Has Jeff Ireland taken on a bit of a scapegoat role to help dissipate Big Ben's situation?

I think this is just the time when everyone is jonesing football and hungry for any news so everything that happens is blown out of proportion. Remember Randy Starks and the Freightliner incident in Miami Beach last year? People wanted to walk him off the plank, now he's our starting NT. This too shall pass...

As much as Rapistberger is a beneficiary of this whole Ireland fiasco, I don't believe the media is dragging this out for his benefit, it's simply the next offseason story that grew legs, it'll pass when some idiot f's up and the media will be all over their ***.

Back
Top Bottom