Jesse Davis New RT, how about LG? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jesse Davis New RT, how about LG?

The Dolphins have been snake bitten all season on the o-line. Before the season starts we lose Larsen who is penciled in at LG, he is just coming back. James is now on IR and out for the year, great. Pouncey is one walking injury. Steen is out for the year, Tunsil was hurt but didn't miss much time but without Albert as a safety blanket his game has gone down hill a bit. Hopefully, in time, he'll be the player we drafted. Davis making his first start against the Panthers should be fun. While the oline was being decimated we lost our franchise QB and MLB and of course, Jay Ajayi gets traded for a 4th rounder. Only the Dolphins, it's simply exhausting.

Well, our FO has been counting on injured guys for 10 years now. Tannehill was just a freak thing but Pouncey and James have been hurt before and so has Steen. Heck they even gave Misi an extension when the guy gets hurt getting out of bed. It starts at the top man and till T-dumb is gone this will continue to happen

Ozzy rules!!

I thought Jesse Davis did a good job at LT against the Jets. Will be interesting to see how he holds up on the right side.

I trust Davis at RT but if Sam Young has to come and replace him... We are in trouble my friends!!!

I'm actually OK with this. We know what we're getting with Pouncey and James ... and it's not consistent enough and nothing spectactular. Neither is particularly good at opening up running lanes. Pouncey specializes in blocks at the 2nd level and getting around the field quickly. James specializes in pass-pro at RT only. With those two in the lineup, we only get a run game via good run blocking guards. Salary-wise, both should be gone after this season.

So, why not check out some other guys. Maybe Jesse Davis proves to be an OK player at RT, like he seems to be at LG. That makes for a decent backup next year, and a stopgap starter. But, if he can't handle it, then at least we know now. Larsen was brought in to fix one guard slot ... let's see if he can. If not, maybe we'll finally see what the rookie Asiata can do?

The Ajayi trade really took the wind out of my belief. I can't see any of these current RB's doing anything more than the role traditionally known as a "3rd down back" role. Catch a few, stretch a few, run through obvious open lanes, and do a good job at blitz pickup. But none of these guys is the type who can sustain a solid run game unless the OL does the heavy lifting, literally and figuratively. So yeah, let's see what the other OL have ... because we have conclusively proven that the starters don't have it.

Hopefully he takes full advantage of this opportunity and makes it easier for Miami to dump James

I was thinking the same thing. This feels like an unfortunate audition. If Davis can hold down RT next year, they can dump Jame's salary and then replace Bushrod.

The Dolphins have been snake bitten all season on the o-line. Before the season starts we lose Larsen who is penciled in at LG, he is just coming back. James is now on IR and out for the year, great. Pouncey is one walking injury. Steen is out for the year, Tunsil was hurt but didn't miss much time but without Albert as a safety blanket his game has gone down hill a bit. Hopefully, in time, he'll be the player we drafted. Davis making his first start against the Panthers should be fun. While the oline was being decimated we lost our franchise QB and MLB and of course, Jay Ajayi gets traded for a 4th rounder. Only the Dolphins, it's simply exhausting.
Don't forget Smith the highly touted UFA going down.. and then there's Asiatta, who during draft time, many of us thought was a great value who would give our existing bozo guards a run for their money.

Back
Top Bottom