Jets are now clear favorites for Trevor | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets are now clear favorites for Trevor

I absolutely do not want Trevor Lawrence to go to another team in the AFC East. I believe he has the potential to be an elite, if not generational type talent. It is the Jets, though, so never underestimate their ability to make bad choices. Darnold may get a pass due to Gases ineptitude, and needing so many things, it would not surprise me in the least if they traded down on the belief that Darnold really is their guy. Imagine if he somehow fell to NE!

No way the Jets pass on him. The new Coach will make Lawrence a precondition of his hiring.

I just looked at the remainder of the Jets schedule... the 'easiest' games on it are the Chargers, Browns, and us...

They REALLY look like an 0-16 team.

C'mon Trevor... stay in school.
We just beat them 24-0. Wouldn't say that we would be an easy game for them.

Why is everyone scared of a certain player going to another team? This team will already have a 3 year head start with the defense becoming an elite force to be reckoned with for at least a decade.

We just beat them 24-0. Wouldn't say that we would be an easy game for them.
Yeah... that was kind of my point.

I don't think the Chargers or Browns will struggle either... both are putting up lots of points.

I just looked at the remainder of the Jets schedule... the 'easiest' games on it are the Chargers, Browns, and us...

They REALLY look like an 0-16 team.

C'mon Trevor... stay in school.
Covid could be a factor who gets the no.1 pick -

The Jets could play a decimated team and rally for a win

Why is everyone scared of a certain player going to another team? This team will already have a 3 year head start with the defense becoming an elite force to be reckoned with for at least a decade.
I am not worried about one read QBs coming out of college

The Jets are historically bad and have what might be the hardest schedule the rest of the way
Yeah... their three easiest games remaining are the Chargers (who score a lot), the Browns (who score a lot), and us (who just handled them easily). Their immediate future looks very bleak.
The players on the sideline didn't look very upset by any of it. I think most of them have checked out.

Yeah... their three easiest games remaining are the Chargers (who score a lot), the Browns (who score a lot), and us (who just handled them easily). Their immediate future looks very bleak.
The players on the sideline didn't look very upset by any of it. I think most of them have checked out.
Exhibits 1A and 1B

Gase and Greg Williams

agreed, it's not something we could prevent anyway.

if the Jets do indeed draft Trevor Lawrence, i'm still going to like our QB's chances of becoming a franchise cornerstone better.

"scared" is a little excessive. I think every Fin fan would prefer to face a (potentially) top QB once a year instead of twice. It is that preference driving the discussion - not fear.

There is a thread on a Jets message board speculating that Gase is in on "the tank" and hopes to draft Lawrence and develop him next year. Which I find hard to believe.

Back
Top Bottom