Jets kicking the tires on Jamarcus Russell | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets kicking the tires on Jamarcus Russell

Like the proverbial broken clock, this is one case where junk is actually right - it doesn't cost anything to check him out - although all you really gotta know about JaFatazz aside from squandering almost $40million, his addiction to codeinated cough syrup and miserable fail despite being given every chance to succeed is that he's delusional enough to attempt a comeback while still about 50-60lbs overweight.

I use the "broken clock" analogy because by reflex action, whether it involves Rex pimping his wife, Woody being one of two holdouts in resolving the ref strike, Sanchez, The Beancounter's cap hell legacy, the imploding clubhouses, the naive contention that Tripgate was an isolated initiative not organized by the hefty HC, hell, even that Sparano was OC-qualifiiedo put a spin on it- have you ever seen a case where he blindly doesn't defend or try to spin anything jest related?

So in this instance he's right.. but everyone here knows that even our more positively-wired Fins fans would be crapping on this possibility if it were the Fins doing it. It's too bad that Ryan Leaf is incarcerated; otherwise they could have fielded 3 of the most overreached, biggest QB busts in the modern era.

Over the course of NFL history, many guys who were considered washed up, came back with a new team and played exceptionally well. Jim Plunkett stands out in my mind because he led the Raiders to a SB win. Additionally, the Jets have little to no money to work with so this is the right call. If, a big if, the Jets were to sign Russell it would be at a vet minimum.

Will Russell be any good? I doubt it. The guy is going to shake hands at the combine weighing in at 305 which is 45 pounds overweight. If he was serious, I would think he would have been working out and lost the weight before the combine. The Jets will still need to bring in someone to play QB or at least set up a true competition in camp.

Last edited by a moderator:
C'mon...havent you just thought for a minute, that maybe just maybe they want to bring him in to give Sanchez career advice.:ponder:

How much more rock bottom can you get?!

arzuteam-1.jpg

How much more rock bottom can you get?!

arzuteam-1.jpg

I note they haven't considered david garrbage yet LOL.

Shows how much garrbage is worth that even the jest pass on him. But some in our delusional fan base want us to bring him back in.

what would be the negatives in checking out a former #1 overall pick? please explain? let's say we sign him, do you think he'd get anything more than the minimum w/ no guaranteed money? would it hurt our cap? would there be any risk? We have more access to info than ever before yet people still don't understand how this game works.

LOL, wonder what Junc's reaction to the Fins looking into Jamarcus Russell would be.

LOL, wonder what Junc's reaction to the Fins looking into Jamarcus Russell would be.

The exact same, don't confunse myself w/ most of you guys. The same folks who told me how great Calvin pace was when he was rumored to sign w/ Miami then bashed him as a crappy player when he chose us.

This is a no risk move for any team.

Do you think he's spending all his time worrying about bringing in JaMarcus Russell? Teams discuss thousands of players, all 32 teams (even SB teams) are discussing guys they MAY want to bring in next year.

"Never mind, I forgot who I'm trying to reason with"- this isn't an insult?

Nope. Ask anybody here.

Back
Top Bottom